Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Between jeans and black pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between jeans and black pants

I wear dress pants for work and jeans the rest of the time. What is between them? Do you jut dress up jeans with a nice top and heels or boots? What's the next step up that isn't too dressy?

And are dress pants not really acceptable for women to wear out? I've always been a black pants and solid top kind of girl, but now I worry it's not right.

I don't really like dresses or skirts but should I learn to embrace them?

Basically I need date clothes.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Obviously it depends on where you're going as well, but for a dinner or drinks date, I would go with a dark wash jean. I think you'd be amazed how a good jean/solid top/fun jewelry can look. You can change the "formality" of the outfit by varying the material and style of the shirt!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I thought I replied. I agree with the dark jean suggestion. Jeans are so much more popular now than ever, and can really go almost anywhere. I think black pants depend on the style (a work-trouser black pant vs what I call "bar" pants). Plus, you can get a ton of use out of dark jeans without looking like you're wearing the same thing over and over again. I also have a pair of waxed jeans that are awesome, can dress up fairly easily, and are easy to find right now.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Man I have no opinion but am so happy that you need date clothes! Yes!!!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I personally stay away from wearing black pants (or any pants not jeans) anywhere but the office. I see them as work-wear, not dressy, and I think it's an older look. The one exception I would make is a skinny ankle-length pant, but really only if you're teeny-tiny and can pull of an Audrey Hepburn kinda look. For going out I'd lean toward nice dark-wash jeans with heels and a cute top, or a dress.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I'm also for the dark jeans because they're so versatile. And denim comes in so many shapes, sizes, textures these days that it's easy to throw them on as your go to without looking like you tried hard. Good luck on your dates!!!

Comment

The most important thing is to wear clothes that make you feel good. If you are uncomfortable or self-conscious, you won't have a good time. If dresses aren't your thing, don't wear dresses. Jeans, heels, dressy tops, jackets, jewelry, make-up can go a long way. Just keep your look feminine and make sure your clothes fit well. No baggy butts or lumberjack shirts.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Dressing room shots:

I didn't buy the pink bc my mom and dad said it hadn't shape and made me look big. I'm not sure about the crossing fabric on the chest on the blue one.

I think I might return this.

And this is a red sweater...it might be too hot. It's still 82F at 6:20pm.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I love the first one on you. You look awesome!

Comment

Love the black dress! It looks great on you. Not sure if the jeans in the first couple shots are yours or if you're trying them on, but I think for a "going out" look you could go a teensy bit slimmer to get rid of the extra material under the butt. 7 For All Mankinds would probably look great on your body type, but I know they're expensive.
                    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Also showed them to DrK. He says you're beautiful and he votes for the first one or the sweater.

Comment

Red V-neck. Always my standby!!

I just bought the jeans yesterday. (Levi 512) I think they'll be better after a washing. When I get some kid free time I'll look for the 7 jeans. Damn is trying on clothes with 3 kids a challenge! I'm dancing around and looking the fool just to get them to stay still long enough. And that was with help!!

I actually bought the black dress in a size smaller than the pic. I don't know if it showed up well but it has a ruffle on the front and an orangyred piping just inside the neckline. It has an open embroidery type detail at the waist and almost to the hem.
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

And tell DrK thanks!!
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

You look awesome in the first red shirt and the black dress!
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You look amazing!! Hot hot hot!
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X