Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Makeup Counter Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup Counter Help

Hi ladies, I need to get my makeup done for a wedding but don't know which one is the best and cheapest? I'm on a budget which is why I opted out of the makeup and hair person that the other bridesmaids signed up for. I made an appointment with MAC but am wondering if there's another counter that's a better deal? I have to buy $50 worth of cosmetics with MAC. Any help would be great!

I love MAC because it's incredibly long lasting. Any chance you can do your own???
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I just did my own, and in retrospect, I'm glad I did. I didn't have the time/energy/money to do a bunch of trials, and I didn't want to not look like me for my wedding day. I have many dear friends who didn't look like themselves in their photos...not my cup of tea. I feel like I still looked decent by the end of the night (I use Pur Minerals).
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm hopeless when it comes to eye makeup because I'm really clumsy and well, hopeless. The skin and everything else I can do but the eye stuff scares me, especially since the bride's mom is REALLY critical and scares the shit out of me. I'm afraid she's going to say I ruined her daughter's pictures or something. She is already complaining that one of the bridesmaids is too fat and we're like uh, she just had a baby and looks great!

Comment

MAC is an incredibly good deal since you're only spending 50 bucks and its for products. I got my make up done there for my wedding and it was stunning. Make up artists are typically really expensive and MAC goes through a lot of training.
          Last edited by Chrisada; 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

OK, I'll keep my MAC appointment for now and if anyone has any other suggestions, please share. I wish my hands weren't so shaky and the bride's mother wasn't so terrifying. Thank you!

Comment

For eyes, I like these:

It's basically a marker--think of it as coloring on your face

http://www.almay.com/en/products/eye...liner-pen.aspx

I also like their sets for eye colors. I suck at eye makeup, but even I can follow these directions:

http://www.almay.com/en/products/eye...n-eye-kit.aspx
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Sephora is another place I would consider. But MAC products wear well and you should be just fine.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Sephora is good too, but I think they also require a $50-$60 purchase. I'd stick with MAC just because I have a friend who works for them and they do a ton of training.
                  I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

One of my sisters best friends is a manager of MAC training in NY. She also did my makeup for my wedding (10y ago). She worked at Sephora before going to MAC. Most places have a purchase requirement. I only suggested Sephora because they have a larger variety of brands to choose from.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Thanks guys! Looks like MAC or Sephora...ST, the Almay looks great but I have such a shaky hand I'm afraid!

Comment

Ladies, do you know if they accept tips? I feel bad about getting makeup done with them only getting commission from sales..?

Comment

I would say no. its like tipping a sales person. It's part of their job at the counter and they love doing it.

Comment

Ok, thank you for the heads up!

Comment

I don't think they can accept tips, but I wouldn't tip anyway.
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                              X