Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

GameStop Trade-ins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameStop Trade-ins

So, we are majorly purging the crap out of our house. We took some stuff to GameStop and came away with $270 in credit. Still trying to figure out how to turn that into cash, but I digress.

One interesting thing is that they are currently offering double credit on system trades, including, "red ring of death" Xboxes. We got $80 in credit from having a dead Xbox! I know there are lots of teen moms here, so I thought I'd pass along the info!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

We've also had a great experience trading in things at GameStop. They were doing some sort of double promotion last time we went in as well (I forget what for exactly, it was about a year ago) and we traded in a highly-malfunctioning Wii for quite a bit of credit. We've bought 3 or 4 new games since then and still have over $100 from that trade-in (we traded in all our Wii stuff -- games, accessories, etc). You've got to go with the credit option though -- trading in for straight cash would have been about a third of what they were offering in credit.
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

If your family is full of gamers, it's probably worth the $12 or $15 each year for their premium membership. It comes with a subscription to the GameInformer magazine and there is ALWAYS a competition in our house for whomever will get their grubby little mitts on it first.

Comment

This is a good reminder that we have a PS2, a bunch of games, and guitar hero stuff that hasn't been used in more than a year... I wonder if I can convince DH to take it all in. I bet he'd like using the bucks on some computer games, since I have so far failed in convincing him to get rid of his old "gaming" desktop.
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Good reminder --- we have an old Wii that's sitting around and I know we'll be XBox game shopping for Christmas gifts. I'll head in to trade it in soon!
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
            If your family is full of gamers, it's probably worth the $12 or $15 each year for their premium membership. It comes with a subscription to the GameInformer magazine and there is ALWAYS a competition in our house for whomever will get their grubby little mitts on it first.
            I was so pissed when I signed up for premium & thedumbass sales clerk assured methat the magazine was "appropriate" for the 7& under crowd!! NOT!!! I would just tear off our address & leave it out w/the communty mailboxes for the neighborhood teen boys to score.

Comment

We aren't big gamers - DH plays Zelda and COD. We didn't do the card, plus I hate getting extra mail
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Yeah, definitely not for the 7 and under crowd. Our youngest is 10 and he calls himself a gamer and scours the GI for info on new Epic Mickey, Mario, and Lego whatever. He pretty much ignores the the reviews and info for the M games because he doesn't care about them. Right now, little dude is all about the new Epic Mickey and can't contain his excitement for the next installment.

However, DD1 (almost 17 y/o) and DH read up on some of those M games like the new Assassins Creed, Skyrim, and Arkham Asylum.

Comment

Nice! DH almost never keeps games after playing them, so I'm pretty sure he does the premium membership. We get Game Informer, so that's my other clue.

If you don't want to use the credit, I've had good luck with cardpool.com. It looks like you could get $216 in cash or $226.80 in Amazon credit.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Ha -- I did convince DH to get rid of the PS2, games and Guitar Hero stuff! He said his gaming desktop is going nowhere, so I said, "Ok, you should take all that other old stuff in and get yourself a new computer game." I got a high five for that! Less clutter for me, new computer game for him!
                    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                    X