Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday

Anyone know if Nordstrom is going to do a sale?

I usually don't go out but I need to get dh Christmas gift. I usually do everything on small business Saturday and try to buy from local stores.

Anyone heading out?
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I'm avoiding it entirely this year, whether intentional or not. There's just NO WHERE to shop here for anything other than farm supplies, animal feed, or tack.

Comment

All I'm shopping for is an iPad. And it's no hurry. If we drive by Target and it isn't a madhouse, we'll run in and get the 32gb iPad. If its a madhouse, we'll wait and buy on Amazon.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I actually finished most of my black Friday shopping this morning, lol. But I only needed like 3 things. Macys has some good stuff 40%-50% off. I got a nice kitchenaid blender 40% off. Last year Amazon had some great cyber Monday deals, I'll be keeping an eye out for those too.

ETA: I do all my holiday shopping online. I've never seen a deal so good worth standing in line at midnight for, but then again there's rarely anything I *must* have.
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I usually go with my mom, sister, and aunt, but it didn't work out this year, so we did a shopping trip last Saturday. Still had fun! I will probably check out some online deals tomorrow and Monday, but I don't have anything specific I'm looking for.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I went a few years ago with my next door neighbor. She talked me into it at around midnight when we were drinking wine, and we went a shopping at 4 am. I'm pretty sure I still had an alcohol level at that time or I never would have gone.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I don't think I'm doing any shopping tomorrow other than for some milk. I think I'm doing nearly all my shopping on line this year.
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

DH and I went to Target. It took about 45 minutes but we got the iPad.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I just bought some dresses for dd and a Christmas present for a friend's daughter. Tea Collection is having a $15 dress $10 leggings sale for Black Friday.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Don't hate me but I'm just about done with my holiday shopping. I look for bargains throughout the year and when I see something that "so-and-so would love", I buy it then and set it aside. I reviewed my stash about a month ago, made a list of a few things I still wanted to buy, and filled in over the last few weeks. I've got birthdays and holidays done through February. I might look around for some bargains on line this weekend and I'll hit up the after-holiday sales for next year.

On the news last night they were interviewing people who had camped outside Toys R Us since noon yesterday. These people had missed Thanksgiving with their children so the kids could have a "good" Christmas. It bothered me. A good holiday is one spent with family regardless of the quantity of gifts.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I think if Thanksgiving isn't a big deal in your family its one thing but I agree, shopping on Thursday is out of control. I looked up my old mall this morning and they opened last night at 8pm, I'm so glad I'm no longer in mall management. What a nightmare.

I have my eye on an train on Amazon and will try to go to Home Depot today for a fake tree that is a good buy but otherwise I'm not shopping. I do most of my shopping online unless I see a really good deal. I will order DH's treadmill today because Sears has it on sale but I can do that online too.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't do Black Friday. It's madness to me personally.

Comment

Went to Target at midnight with my SILs. Really disappointing. Most of the deals were crap
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                            Most of the deals were crap.
                            I discovered that several years ago, too. I think the only good deal I was able to find that really surprised me was at a JCPenny Home store where all of their high-end holiday decorations were crazy cheap.

Comment

The only time I was excited about Black Friday was when I had to buy cotton balls at Target a few years ago. The register broke so the manager gave everyone in line $10 gift cards. It was a pretty short line and I didn't mind waiting, but thanks, I'll take it!

Comment

Working...
                              X