Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interview luggage and tie racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steamer link: http://www.amazon.com/SteamFast-SF-4...ywords=steamer

It was genius and you can get distilled water from the grocery store in a gallon jug.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I don't know--do radiologists normally wear ties? As a rule he likes to be well dressed when it comes to professional situations. I blame 18 years of Catholic school.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        I don't know--do radiologists normally wear ties? As a rule he likes to be well dressed when it comes to professional situations. I blame 18 years of Catholic school.
        I believe they do but he can ask around.
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          All docs around here wear ties and look very professional. I prefer that look and attitude. Over a 15 year period we watched our pediatrician office in AZ go from professional dress to basically casual/jean Friday every day of the week. Along with the decrease in professionalism of the dress was a huge decrease in the professionalism of the office. Okay, sorry for the hijack, carry on...
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00

Here is the roll-aboard suitcase DH liked.

Comment

DH probably has a hundred ties. He likes to look nice and likes clinic because he gets to dress up. Yeah, I keep all his ties in a box at the bottom of his closet. Wife of the year over here.

Comment

DH haaaaaaaates ties. Always has. They were required during clinic days in residency and he just didn't wear them. They actually removed that part of the dress code the year after he graduated, partly based on his very reasoned debates with the PD about what germ magnets they can be in the industry.

He dresses up and looks nice, but just won't wear ties. Now that he's in PP, he can pretty much wear whatever the hell he wants. He typically goes to work in a dress shirt and slacks. If he's hospitalist, he'll wear slacks and a polo. Some times he just doesn't give a shit and wears scrubs. So long as he isn't in jeans, they don't seem to care.

Also, keep in mind that we are in an extremely rural, agricultural community. To wear ties everyday would set him apart and makes patients less comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                  . So long as he isn't in jeans, they don't seem to care.

Also, keep in mind that we are in an extremely rural, agricultural community. To wear ties everyday would set him apart and makes patients less comfortable.
                  You're right, you don't have to wear a tie to look professional. I think it's the docs that look like they're going to play ball after the appointment that bugs me. You can even look professional in jeans (used to know some older docs in AZ that wore nice jeans, a freshly pressed western shirt and bolo tie).
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I think there is a distinct subset of docs for whom part of their desire to become physicians stemmed from wanting to wear pajamas (scrubs) to work.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      I think there is a distinct subset of docs for whom part of their desire to become physicians stemmed from wanting to wear pajamas (scrubs) to work.
                      Yes, indeed. Count my DH in that group. One of the benefits, as he sees it, of going into EM.
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Our pediatrician wears cowboy boots and jeans everyday. My father was a country fam. Medicine MD and wore a tie everyday. But he was old school.

Comment

My DH is one of those that worked his tail off to be able to wear PJs. He recently bought a pair of cowboy boots and thought he was going to wear those with his scrubs. Ummm...we live in NE Ohio. People will just think you're weird.
                          -Deb
                          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                            My DH is one of those that worked his tail off to be able to wear PJs. He recently bought a pair of cowboy boots and thought he was going to wear those with his scrubs. Ummm...we live in NE Ohio. People will just think you're weird.
                            But probably won't bat an eye. He is in EM, after all...
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                              Sounds like a man after my DH's heart!
                              Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Hahaha one of our prelims rocks that look!
                                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                                X