Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Skinny jeans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the jeans in your picture fit great, but I have noticed that tucking my boot cut jeans into boots can sometimes create a weird baggy area just below the knee (at the top of the boot). For some reason that baggy area bugs the heck out of me, which is why I usually stick to skinnies or jeggings with tall boots.

Comment

I think you look cute! I agree about tucking your shirt in. I never do myself, but it's that little bit that peeks out from your vest.

I'm too old for skinny jeans.

Comment

I got old inside; I don't know what the hell happened.

Comment

BonBon, that made me lol! Me too, I think. It *may* have something to do with parenting teenage boys in my case.
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I look awful in skinny jeans. I'm 5'0'', also pear shaped and they're always WAY TOO long so they look completely ridiculous. Like many, many inches too long. I could get them tailored but the look isn't very flattering at all. And my calves are too muscular for 99% boots (seriously, I've tried a million pairs and unless I'm going to cough up $200, it ain't happening) so the tucked into boots look doesn't work for me.

You, however, look amazing B! I love your look and I think it would also look good with the scarf that LSW suggested. I'm not great about accessorizing with scarves but I always think it's flattering.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

You do look great!

And Lily is so smart! What about an IMSN conference where we hire her to be our personal shopper? (In like 10 years so I can come? )

Wife to PGY3
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I think you look fab, B! Hawt!
                I have not ventured to the skinny jean. Some people just shouldn't wear them. I'm "some people". I like my boot cut and 'gentle' flare.
                I have purchased a straight cut, that I ONLY wear with a tall dark brown boot and a pretty, long, fitted cardigan. Dh calls it my "dawkters wife" outfit. (You know, because I'm usually in shit covered jeans, baseball cap and shit kicker boots)
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                  Some people just shouldn't wear them. I'm "some people".
                  Haha me too! I think this is the year I need to venture out of the $30-40 range and find some jeans that really fit well. I'm down about 6 lbs, and when I can get to 10 I'm treating myself!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                    I look awful in skinny jeans. I'm 5'0'', also pear shaped and they're always WAY TOO long so they look completely ridiculous. Like many, many inches too long. I could get them tailored but the look isn't very flattering at all. And my calves are too muscular for 99% boots (seriously, I've tried a million pairs and unless I'm going to cough up $200, it ain't happening) so the tucked into boots look doesn't work for me.

You, however, look amazing B! I love your look and I think it would also look good with the scarf that LSW suggested. I'm not great about accessorizing with scarves but I always think it's flattering.
                    This. Every time I try on skinny jeans or boots I end up feeling terrible about myself so I have resigned myself that this trend just isn't for me unfortunately. I love how it looks on others, like you B, so consider me jealous that you're able to pull it off.
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I can't do skinny jeans. I'm small framed but have dancer thighs and that's not conducive to anything tight.

Comment

Working...
                      X