Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

More help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help!

Ack! DH's hospital is having the grand opening/ribbon cutting for the new $32M Neuroscience Institute tomorrow. I'm going, I want to go and really need to play the good doctor's wife for all of the big wigs/donors/etc that have made this possible. DH will be busy giving tours, doing a demo in the OR, etc.

I have NO idea what to wear - I obviously can't wear jeans. The problem is I have NO time to go shopping, no money and no slacks that really fit.

I have a black/tan suit from Ann Taylor that I've had for years. Its a black shift dress with a black jacket with tan trim which I usually wear with hose, heels and pearls. Is that to much?

I could wear the silver sweater I've worn to several things this holiday season with black slacks (that don't fit great), or with a plum skirt I have worn with hose/heels.

I have NO idea!

HELP!!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

I would do the suit.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Suit sounds perfect!

Comment

I would also do the suit!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My vote's for suit but maybe leave the pearls at home although I've never had to be the good doctor's wife so...

Comment

Wear the suit.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

The suit sounds nice, but replace the pearls with something a bit more modern.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have to look in my jewelry and see if I have something else I can wear. The neckline really needs a necklace.

Comment

Ann Taylor never fails. I wear Ann Taylor to pretty much every NSG function I ever go to. It's conservatively stylish (classic, not trendy), well-fitting, and utterly non-controversial. Perfect for the perfect dawkter's wife.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                    I am going to be a horrible dawkter's wife. So you're saying a mini sweater dress with tights and over-the-knee boots will not be acceptable if we are going out at night?
                    Could always be worse. If you witnessed what passed as "fashionable" around here, you'd be doing a full-on Exorcist replete with head-spinning and ing pea soup. I could show up to a function in a pair of mom jeans with a polar fleece sweatshirt and be viewed as dressing completely appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      Could always be worse. If you witnessed what passed as "fashionable" around here, you'd be doing a full-on Exorcist replete with head-spinning and ing pea soup. I could show up to a function in a pair of mom jeans with a polar fleece sweatshirt and be viewed as dressing completely appropriately.
                      I need to get back to the PNW . Although I think fashion in the PNW was more advanced than what I've seen here in the midwest. Shortly after we moved here I was supposed to go to a meeting with a client along with some of my superiors. They said they were going to wear ties to the meeting. I assumed they would be wearing slacks, shirt, tie, etc so I dressed appropriately. Nope, they showed up the next day in Carhart pants, a short sleeve button up shirt......and a tie. I was completely overdressed.
                      Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Personally, not such a big fan of Ann Taylor... depends a lot on your size and shape. Their stuff is too boxy for me, and their sizing favors shorter women, while I'm 5'8.5". Not the biggest fan of their synthetic fabrics either. I don't think I'm ever going to LOOK like a doctor's wife. Every time I have to put on a suit for work (...like twice a year) I die a little inside.
                        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

So I talked to one of the other wives, she said she's wearing a sweater dress, high boots and a scarf, "like I would wear to church" - UGH! Maybe I'm going to be overdressed...

Comment

Then I would wear the Christmas sweater and skirt.
                            Jen
                            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

IF you were to end up in a photo in the paper or hospital newsletter, which would you rather be wearing? That's what I'd go for (says the woman whose pic from the Foundation's black tie dinner ended up in the paper).
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                              X