Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cole Haan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole Haan

I need dress shoes with a low heel, but they have to be comfortable. Are the Cole Haan Air shoes worth the price tag? Is there another brand that is comfortable. At this point I don't care about the pricee if they are really worth it, I junst need nice, low heels that I can wear all day. My number one choice is barefoot, flip flops, or clogs
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I have Naturalizers, Aerosoles (although these are close to 10 years old), Merrells, and Easy Spirits that are all pretty comfortable.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I love the Cole Haan Airs. My favorite boots and my most comfortable heels are both Airs.
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I've heard good things about their shoes...have a bag that's ancient from them and it's still ticking...

Comment

Thanks, I'll check alll of them!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

DH swears by the Cole Haan with Nike Air... he is obsessed

Wife to PGY3
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I would also check out Born, Sofft or Clarks dressier styles.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Almost all my dress shoes are either Easy Spirit or Aerosoles. I hate heels, hate having to wear them, and have a tons of scar tissue of dancing shoes. But, as a lawyer, I have to wear them. Those brands are comfortable. I do best in ES or AS slingbacks with a wider ankle strap that is well-padded.

They are a lot cheaper than CH, but I have nothing negative to say about CHs. I just have never forked over the dough for their shoes. I've heard they are very high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                  I have to say that I have a pair of CH air and they are some of the most uncomfortable flats I own. The sole is fine but the toe box is narrow. I find that's the deal with all CH shoes.
                  I've had the same experience with Naturalizer. Narrow toe box and their heel height is at exactly the perfect place to exacerbate my Morton's neuromae.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                    hijack

Explain to me why I could easily break an ankle falling off of Dansko clogs but can actually jog in an office in 5" platform stilettos.

/hijack
                    Muscle and ligaments are accustomed on one and not the other?

Comment

If you find the CH shoes comfortable, they are worth the price because CH stands behind their product. I have 3 airs and two are great and the other is ok but hurts after being on my feet for 4+hrs. DH loves his though and has worn them down until he cracks the sole. Since they are air and cannot be repaired, CH has sent DH a gift certificate twice so he can get a replacement. That alone makes them worth it IMHO.
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                        Muscle and ligaments are accustomed on one and not the other?
                        That's me. Flats hurt my arch and I have never found a pair that doesn't give me blisters, tried different brands... but stilettos and wedges are not a problem.

Comment

I also have many pairs of CH and find them pretty comfortable. I recently dropped off a pair of 8yr old boots for them to repair and they even shipped them to my house for free.

If you're planning on mainly wearing them at work, look for suede. Suede stretches more easily than leather and is generally more comfortable.

http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...chestnut-suede
                          http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-carm...mp-black-suede

Comment

Working...
                          X