Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

"Neutrals" help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Neutrals" help

So, I can get one new pair of sandals this year. Last year, I got black sandals, but I realized there was a lot of stuff I owned where black just didn't look right. My two options are either pewter or reddish-brown (not a chocolate at all, more caramel, but darker). What do you think I'd get more use out of? Will the pewter look funny with browns? I don't have any brown shorts or summer skirts, really, but a lot of navy and other colors/styles that black was just too "heavy" for.
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

I wear my pewter-ish sandals all the time - and love the way they look with navy skirts/dresses and indigo jeans. I'd vote for pewter over a reddish brown, but just my opinion. I'm sure you could find a pair of brown sandals that would work with many of the same outfits.

Comment

The problem is that I am stuck with one brand/3 styles of sandals due to my foot issues and insurance My shoe wardrobe currently consists of 2 pairs of New Balance, black sandals, black "Mary Janes", and my sexy cowboy boots (seriously love them!).
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I would probably choose pewter over brown for going with most colors.
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I always think I'll use brown shoes and then I never do. For the last couple summers, I've used pewter, gold, and blue more.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            I always think I'll use brown shoes and then I never do. For the last couple summers, I've used pewter, gold, and blue more.
            This is me too. I have brown sandals and pewter sandals and I wear the pewter more. Maybe it's just that lighter colors in summer look better to me. Not as heavy, as you said.
            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I have both pewter and brown sandals. I actually wore out my pewter ones because I wore them all the time. It's a great neutral that can go with anything.

Comment

Done and done Thanks, ladies!
                Jen

Comment

I totally feel your pain on the foot issues!! It makes shoes so much less fun :-/

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                    I totally feel your pain on the foot issues!! It makes shoes so much less fun :-/
                    So much word.

Comment

Working...
                    X