Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

mascara help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mascara help

I need a new mascara rec. I like Lancome definicils, but apparently the eyecream or sunscreen I am using makes my mascara smudge under my eyes. What do you guys like? I need something that won't smudge and lengthens. I'm kind of picky about mascara so give me your best product suggestions.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

You know, most make up artists recommend the Maybelline stuff in the pink bottle with the green cap. Mascara needs to be replaced often so I don't invest much in it. You might want to think about an eyelash primer. It's like a white mascara you put on before the colored mascara. It makes your lashes look longer and I think it holds my mascara in place better. This is what I like: http://www.sephora.com/multipleye-cl...?skuId=1226612
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I use one by Clinique that stays on so well I've slept overnight in it, washed my face the next day and left it on. Ha ha ha! I can't remember what it's called but if you tell them you want the most waterproof they have, the sales lady will know.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

CoverGirl in the orange tube....love it! You can choose waterproof or non-waterproof.
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I had a Sephora gift card and got suckered into Christian Dior in the black tube. I don't really notice a big difference but it doesn't smudge a lot. Maybe it'll work better with the primer?

Comment

I've started using the Hard Candy mascara with growth serum. It works really well and doesn't smudge for me, but I don't apply it to the lower lashes, anyway.

Comment

Waterproof mascara is the only one that doesn't smudge under my lower lashes. The one I use now isn't waterproof (it's more all natural) and I make sure to dust/dab foundation powder under my lashes up to the lash line after to help the liner and mascara stay put.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I've never understood all the recommendations for the Mabelline original... that stuff clumps like no other and does my lashes no favors. For drugstore versions, I like the Cover Girl in the purple tube with the fat spiky brush, and Mabelline Full & Soft (I think that's what it's called...). They both come in waterproof, which for me is the only thing that doesn't smudge. Just get some Neutrogena eye makeup remover to go along with it. Higher-end, I like Lancome Hypnose, but not sure if it comes in waterproof. For everyday more natural-looking, Clinique is good. Again, not sure about waterproof.

I think in the heat and humidity of summer you're just going to need a waterproof.
                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I like Maybelline's Full and Soft waterproof.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                    I swear by Benefit's "They're Real".
                    Me too!!
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I only use Chanel Inimitable mascara.
                      I also use latisse so my eyelashes are long already but it gives it a lot of volume. People always say how long and full my eyelashes are.

If u want length or to boost ur lashes I swear by latisse. One bottle last forever!
                      Brandi
                      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I'm scared of the latisse warning about changing your eye color. I have had my eye color for 30 years, I don't want it to change now!
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

My optho said is is very rare and it was for people who have very light blue eyes. Mine have no changed and I have blue/green eyes.

Any optho people have any insight?
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I have very light blue eyes. The color change has me scared away too!
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

The Latisse side effects list scared the crap out of me.

I just tried a new mascara by PurMinerals with some sort of oil and I like it
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X