Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Suit vs tux cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suit vs tux cost?

DH got a tux last year that he really likes (Byron) and now he wants a new suit. I know what the tux cost, I'm wondering how much nice suits cost from the same vendor? Are tuxes or suits usually more expensive?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

All other things being equal, a tux is more expensive than a suit.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

We just went shopping for suits. Jos. A Bank ranged from $275 at the low end to almost $800 at the high end.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I would say between $600-$1000. A classic suit of high quality is worth the investment. If you consider it gets worn at a minimum of once per week for ten years you're looking at less than $2/use for a suit that costs $1000.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          We just went shopping for suits. Jos. A Bank ranged from $275 at the low end to almost $800 at the high end.
          They're having a $99 sale on suits right now.

Comment

I'll tell DH to check it out. He thinks he found one from Men's Wearhouse for ~$250 that would work.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              I'll tell DH to check it out. He thinks he found one from Men's Wearhouse for ~$250 that would work.
              Even the middle-of-the-road products at MW aren't as well made as the cheapest Jos. A. Bank suits. JAB makes some great suits that will last quite a while. I'm so damn cheap, but if we're going to spend some dough on suits, those puppies had better last.

The last JAB suit we bought was pretty inexpensive. The last MW suit we bought was much more expensive than the JAB suit and is complete crap when you compare the material quality and workmanship of the product.

Comment

Thanks gang, DH has ONE suit store he has bought all of his suits from, they have all lasted. He still has (and wears) the one he wore for med school interviews in 1999!! I'm just going to make up a card that tells him to go pick out a new one but I want to give him a budget and didn't want to be completely low balling him.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Both DH's suits and his tux cost $500. We got one of the suits (Barney's brand) and tux (Burberry) from Barney's Warehouse Sale in NY. He's had them for 6 years and they still look great, he wears each several times a year. The other suit came from a semi-custom place in NY (they measure but the sawing is done in Mexico). I'm not thrilled with that one. Most likely we'll go back to Barney's next time he needs a suit/tux.

Comment

Working...
                  X