Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fake Eyelashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulta will apply fake lashes for a small price. If you have one around, call

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
      You can get extensions done which look great and last for a week or two...prices vary for it bit they're the most natural looking!

I tried fake lashes, tried learning to put them on, failed epically and ultimately just did lots of mascara!
      There are lash extensions?! Wow, how am I so clueless when it comes to beauty regime?! I thought this stuff was rooted in our DNA as females... that extra X chromosome or some junk. :sigh: Where would one look to get extensions? Or price them out.

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
      My daughters wear fake eyelashes for dance. It's a brand I get at Target. My oldest likes the ELF lashes but not the glue. She prefers the glue from another brand (it's in a tube). Yes, I just asked my 15-year-old about fake eyelashes.
      And I appreciate it! Thank you. I bet she texted her friends "OMG, like, my MOM asked me about fake eyelashes! OMG, I hope she doesn't start WEARING them!! That would be totes lame, for cereal."

(That's how teenagers talk these days, right? )

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
      I would never in a million years do my own anything if anybody decided to marry me. But, my friends who have dark lashes have also have great success with the elf lashes. I would never do it on my "wedding day".
      Precisely why I'm trying all the self done things now so by the wedding I am comfortable doing my thing. Also, if I can't handle it - then I know to find a salon instead.

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
      If you have a beauty supply store like Sally's around you, go there and get the cheap individual ones. They are just as good as the expensive ones, some say even better. But if you're antsy about applying them on your own, you can get some at MAC and they'll do them for you.
      Ohhhh... I hadn't even thought of Sally's! I have seen the individual ones there but thought that would be an even bigger PITA than the full lashes. But maybe not.... I'll look into those when I go shopping this week; thanks!

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
      Ulta will apply fake lashes for a small price. If you have one around, call
      Really?! Well hell. I do have an ulta not far from my house but the issue is that we're marrying two hours north in no where land at a lovely bed and breakfast. There is no ulta there. Hrm... I could always go there and learn how to apply them and then try it for myself.

Thank you all for the tips and thoughts, ladies!!!
      wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

So it just dawned on me that I bet there are a ton of youtube videos about this out there for me to watch... and I was right! There are a metric ton of videos out there! Now to find the time to sit and watch some of them someday without losing HOURS of my time to youtube like I typically do.

Challenge accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBandMe View Post
          And I appreciate it! Thank you. I bet she texted her friends "OMG, like, my MOM asked me about fake eyelashes! OMG, I hope she doesn't start WEARING them!! That would be totes lame, for cereal."

(That's how teenagers talk these days, right? )
          I think she thought I was asking for another ballet mom. And she would get a shoe thrown her way if she talked that way. Ha ha!
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

[QUOTE=DrBandMe;670203]
            I bet she texted her friends "OMG, like, my MOM asked me about fake eyelashes! OMG, I hope she doesn't start WEARING them!! That would be totes lame, for cereal." /QUOTE]

LOL, what does that even mean???!!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My makeup person put them on me for my wedding last year. Loved the look. I bought a handfull of $1 boxes of the ELF fake eyelashes at Target and just keep them around for when we go out-out (as opposed to just out, there is a difference). After a couple tries they're pretty easy to put on and take off. You can immediately tell when they aren't on correctly. And the ELF ones are cheap enough to do some serious trial and error practice. But - any makeup artist - especially for a wedding day - should/would do them for you. They aren't a huge deal, just need to practice if you intend on putting them on yourself.
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I really suck at putting fake eyelashes on myself so I gave up. I've wanted to try latisee and saw there was a groupon for it a little while back that was around $16 for a bottle that you can order online, but I didn't buy it because of the warning it can change your eye color. I'm glad to read on here about that not being so common among people who've tried it with light color eyes. More recently there's a local aesthetician that applies eyelash extensions that's advertising a groupon, link. She even volunteers to do it for cancer patients. It's not cheap and looks really good. That might be something to consider looking into if they have groupons or living social deals in your area for your big day unless you really want to do the beauty treatments yourself.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                  And she would get a shoe thrown her way if she talked that way. Ha ha!
                  +20 mom points! (coming from someone who isn't a mom so I don't think that means much - sorry! lol)

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                  LOL, what does that even mean???!!!!!
                  Right?! Kids these days. haha

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                    I bought a handfull of $1 boxes of the ELF fake eyelashes at Target and just keep them around for when we go out-out (as opposed to just out, there is a difference). After a couple tries they're pretty easy to put on and take off. You can immediately tell when they aren't on correctly. And the ELF ones are cheap enough to do some serious trial and error practice. But - any makeup artist - especially for a wedding day - should/would do them for you. They aren't a huge deal, just need to practice if you intend on putting them on yourself.
                    Ohhhh, they are only a dollar?! I need to buy a bunch and practice!! Especially if I'm going to any residency interview dinners with him. I found out after we applied that a few of the programs have spouses come too... yikes!

But yeah, thank you for the suggestion! I love elf stuff. It's cheap and I can play around with it without guilt.

Comment

Saw this and thought of you: http://www.bellasugar.com/How-Apply-...e_nid=26313713

Comment

Great link! Thank you for thinking of me! I wore some fake eyelashes last evening for our Halloween party and it went well. They looked really pretty even at their absurdly long length.

I've decided practice makes perfect.

Comment

I started using Latisse last week, can't wait to see how it works. I have green eyes, so hope they don't change.
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Keep us updated Meenah!

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                              I started using Latisse last week, can't wait to see how it works. I have green eyes, so hope they don't change.
                              You will love it!
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X