Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fleece leggings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
    Alpaca is extremely warm, but there is little to no crimp in the shaft of the fiber meaning that alpaca wool isn't very elastic and will sag quickly. It also isn't terribly durable. If you are looking for warm wool socks - I would shoot for 60% or more in merino wool (very fine, non-itchy), no more than 25% alpaca and a bit of a synthetic (5-10%) so you can throw the socks in the washer. A bit of bamboo or silk is really nice too.

(Don't forget there is a reason I have this screen name )
    What do you think of alpaca and angora mixes? I don't know the percentages, but it's SUPER soft yarn that I bought for DD2.

Comment

I bet it is luscious - but I would use it for something like a scarf that doesn't require any kind of springiness in the yarn. A hat needs some to keep it on your head and, well, sock garters just aren't that cool...
      Kris

Comment

I'll encourage her to make a scarf with that yarn, then.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought these in three colors last month and they are wonderful!!!!! So soft and warm.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oooh those look awesome! I just might have to order a couple pairs!
            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I may, too!
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I've been wearing my fleece leggings off and on all weekend and even in our recent crazy cold weather, I've been HOT. Like, taking off my socks to cool down kind of hot.

Comment

Really? I could use some warmth - all thought the leg earners are pretty slick

I think the problem is that our house is drafty as hell. It's 5* colder in DH's office than in the hallway where the thermostat is. Our house is not that big

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm ALWAYS cold and we've been having a weird sub-zero cold snap, which doesn't help matters. I usually keep the house around 67F in the winter. Last night I was actually taking things off because I was too warm.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                      Really? I could use some warmth - all thought the leg earners are pretty slick

I think the problem is that our house is drafty as hell. It's 5* colder in DH's office than in the hallway where the thermostat is. Our house is not that big

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                      You need a good caulking gun and some caulk!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                        That sounds like a euphemism... Or maybe its just me!
                        Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                          It's beyond that, I fear! Even plastic on the windows is little help. The walls themselves are even cold (away from the windows) This is the second-to-last winter in this house

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                          Jen

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                            That sounds like a euphemism... Or maybe its just me!
                            I could use a good caulking...

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                            Jen

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                              I could use a good caulking...

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X