Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New tennis shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tennis shoes

Omg I tried on about 50 pairs and can not find any I like. I always see people with cute shoes but today I just couldn't pick. I really like nike but couldn't find any that were cute.

What shoes r u rocking? What shoes do u want? Let me copy you
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I love NB Minimus in crazy colors.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I so wish I could buy shoes based on how they look!!!

I wear asics nimbus, brooks cascadia (trail running), and brooks minimalist - I think pure cadence, but not totally sure.

Comment

this happened to me a couple weeks ago and was terrified id grown a distaste for shopping. turns out the DSW just had crap inventory. or maybe dsw is just crap. i tried a department store this week and realized i was salivating at everything they sold by Frye. opted with some boots by Guess bc they were on sale for 60 bucks and the similar Fryes were over 300. no help on the tennis shoes though. ive had mine since 2010...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
          I love NB Minimus in crazy colors.
          These are my favorites, too. They work best for my weird feet and are pretty cute.

Comment

I go by what the running store suggests
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I used to go by what the running store told me, but the overly padded and poufy shoes that they always recc'd for me actually make me unstable and more likely to injury myself. I do FAR better with minimalist shoes.

Comment

My latest shoe is Saucony Kinvara 4 as recommended by the local running store. It isn't my typical kind of running shoe but has felt good so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Yeah, I'm no help. I could care less how my gym shoes look. In fact, Nike had to go and "update" my favorite pair of shoes and I do NOT like the update so I'm trolling Ebay for the previous version. I tried a pair of light grey/ neon green Sauconys for just wearing around but I'm not in love with them. Sauconys used to be my go to but after kids the toe box is too narrow. I'm also over this "free running"/lighter shoe/less support trend. I'm ready for the experts to come back and realize that maybe support is a good thing. For fashion, however, I do love the look of all the bright colors.
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I like the lighter shoe trend so long as they're well constructed and manufacturers aren't using it as a reason to scrimp on the materials or design. I like the NB Minimus because they're well constructed with some arch support where I need it, but lack all the extraneous crap that makes my ankles super unstable.

High arches + Morton's neuromæ = tennis shoe hell

Comment

When I actually dropped $$ on running shoes, I did go with what the running store said. I ended up with a pair of Saucony's but can't remember the style. I've had them for a while and honestly, I haven't felt they were especially "right" for my feet. They are better than my NB's, but I just don't think they made a huge difference.

Honestly I'm after these now: http://www.zappos.com/nike-flex-2013...ink-flash-lime

I don't know if they are technically right for my feet, or what a running store would tell me, but I have heard literally nothing but good things about the Free line, so I'd like to try them out.
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm in Asics Gel-Cumulus 15. The other the running store recommended is Saucony Ride 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post

High arches + Morton's neuromæ = tennis shoe hell
                          Asics fan here. I have orthotics so I generally stay with the Nimbus line. This last time I splurged on the Kayano and I like them a lot. I always buy running shoes because they are the most comfortable for my feet. I also have specific shoes for playing tennis. Also Asics.
                          Needs

Comment

Working...
                          X