Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you wearing?

I don't mean, like, "baby puke" or "yoga pants and cookie crumbs". What are your latest purchases or new favorite styles for this spring?

My favorites lately are just a variation on my basic uniform... skinny jeans, loose, blousey shirts, moto boots or plain flats. My style is a little bit hipster-lite, but I'm feeling at sea in between the Forever 21 crowd and grown-up-wear. I recently got a chambray button up shirt to wear with colored skinny jeans, and I found a sort of flowy white v-neck blouse that looks nice with dark skinnies and moto boots. I'm looking forward to hot weather, but I think my tank top collection needs a serious pick me up.

What about you?
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

My wardrobe is a mix of Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic Outlet - whatever comes in petites. And Premier jewelry, because my sister sells it and loaded me up. For shoes, I either wear black or metallic flats or t-strap sandals. I'm pretty boring!
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I'm all about maxi dresses right now, but since it's still a little chilly I've been throwing button ups over the top. I just ordered a bunch of maternity shirts from Asos, so we'll see how they look when they get here.

Comment

Same shit I wore all winter. Because apparently that's still happening.
        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

@corn poffi. LOL. chin up!

Right now I'm wearing running shorts and a t-shirt.

To answer your question, I love the bright colors of spring. They work much better for me than muted winter tones. I like Athleta, White House Black Market, and Ann Taylor. I love clean classic lines. I'm looking for some comfortable but cute shoes to wear with some sundresses and capris and shorts that don't scream minivan mom!
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I don't know. I signed up for the Stitch Fix and get my first 5 pieces at the end of May. I'm really hoping I love it. If I can get five new pieces a month without having leave my house I will be in seventh heaven.
            -Ladybug

Comment

My wardrobe is so weird anymore. We live where fashion goes to die, so I just don't bother much unless we're heading out of town.

Comment

I'm with you, OG. I loooove maxi dresses and luckily since they've experienced a burst in trendiness, there are so many to choose from. I'm on the shorter side at 5'3" so not every maxi style works for me, but the ones that do I find to be really comfy and super cute. My spring/summer wardrobe consists of fun, bright colored shorts (for non-work wear), fun, bright colored cropped pants/jeans, dresses, and maxi dresses. I go with a mix of tops - casual, fitted, loose, flowy, tanks, etc. to mix and match. I live for sandals to I try to grab an inexpensive pair any time I go to target. And then I have a half dozen pairs of go-to wedges that I wear with shorter dresses, etc.

I'm not one for rompers but Express (where I don't usually shop) has a few that caught my eye. They are much more loose fitting and casual so I don't think they'd be weird looking, but I haven't tried them.
                Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Maxi dresses and maxi skirts with wedges (finally found super-comfy pair that I can wear for hours!), or flat sandals, or flip flops (just bought 3 pairs of Yellow Box). Well, that's what I'll be wearing once the weather behaves. I did wear the wedges with a maxi skirt yesterday.

Most of my tops or the Target Merona t shirts. I have some others too, but those are versatile and I'm not too concerned if a cute little boy puts his dirty hands on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Every day I wear my workout clothes yoga pants or tennis skirts, which as of late have been from Athleta. I used to love The Loft, but have gotten away from there because I really don't like the quality. My new favorite store is called Hot Mamma.
                    Needs

Comment

I'm in transition. Weather and 4th trimester. I've got 2 pairs of boyfriend jeans that sorta fit (one shredded one not), one pair of bootcut jeans, one pair of maternity jeggings, and several variations on yoga/pj pants. I've been wearing the jeans and jeggings with tank tops, loose t - shirts and light jackets or cardigans (layering all three) and big jewelry, statement necklaces, bangles, or scarves (not all at the same time.). I'm wearing converse tennis shoes or chucks everywhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I love Hot Mamma and need to shop there more! I have also signed up for Stitch Fix, even if I can keep a piece or two each month I'll be happy. I tend to wear jeans and sweaters, this time of year I wear jeans and short sleeve blouses and when it gets really warm I wear longer shorts with summer tops.
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Am I the only one that reads the title of this thread and thinks, "well that's a bit forward"
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                              Am I the only one that reads the title of this thread and thinks, "well that's a bit forward"
                              Saucy, I like! When I go to work, it's all jeans all the time. Aside from that, short skirts because I'm short and anything long makes me look like I shopped in Mommy's closet. Lots of color and mixing patterns. Wore something with a tiny flower print, polka dot tights, and saddleback oxfords on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X