Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure I have zero fashion sense. I haven't been working for a year now so I basically live in t-shirts and boot cut jeans or soon I'll break out peddle pushers and capris. But I do miss dressing better for work; I have an entire wardrobe going to waste in my walk in!
    wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Um yes CP pretty heartbreaking to put on a new spring blouse only to realize it's too freaking cold and needs a sweater over.

I've recently discovered this department store brand, Ruff Hewn. Their jeans are pretty good quality and right petite length. Shirts are like a cheaper / more bohemian twist to Pategonia wear. Very rustic / outdoors-y style so I usually wear Fryes with earrings, and either hair or infinity scarf.

Comment

Around town on the weekends: usually my skinny dark wash citizen jeans, top with a cute blazer or jacket and my tieks.
        I love how jeans and a blazer look.

Work: slacks with sweater or some sort of button up top or dresses. Again normally with my tieks
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
          Again normally with my tieks
          What are your thoughts on these? Obviously you are a fan, but I don't know anyone who has a pair. A former neighbor of mine raved about them on FB not too long ago and I looked into them but the price scared me off (as per usual). Are they worth the $$? Honestly I get so much wear out of my shitty Target/Aldo flats in the cold/transition months my cost per wear is negligible. They may be worth the price if they are comfy and durable!
          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

LOVE tieks!!! I have 6 pairs. They are the only flats I can wear comfortably (yes it's that bad!! I need to suck it up and have surgery). But totally worth the $$$$!

Comment

What are you wearing?

They are comfortable and durable. But that being said, I doubt they are 10x more comfortable than the cheap ones. However they look much nicer. If you are investing or routinely buy expensive shoes I would go for it.
              I have them in a few colors, I wear them with everything!! They look great at work, dinner, running around. They are my travel shoes for when I run around a airport as well.

I love the leather insole. Don't have to wear socks and no stinky feet
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Well I honestly think they are at least 10x more comfortable, but I have some pretty annoying foot issues at the moment.

Comment

What are you wearing?

I freaking love mine!! I always wondered if it was just me. Glad to hear others love them.
                  Brandi

Comment

Right now, lots of yoga pants and maxi skirts. I'll add skinny jeans and pants back in when they fit! Lots of flowy shirts from gap, loft, and tjmaxx. Too many striped shirts too.

Uh and running capris. They are my wardrobe right now.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of shopping lately, trying to find casual pieces that I can pair with lots of things. I've also been buying some nicer workout clothes bc I'll be working out at the CC and taking tennis lessons (ack!) so I need to look cute, right? I am getting better about shopping for myself. I love to shop on RueLaLa because with the right brands they are better quality and usually are returnable.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ugh. I went from power suits to wearing only stuff that comes from athleta or lululemon. To "dress up" is skinny jeans with a cardi or tunic. I still get cold in the evenings. I wear a scarf 90% of the time...my collection is embarrassing and must be pared down. When it was cold, I wore my uggs (that do not look like uggs BTW). Now, I am either in Merrill sneakers or Cole Han air ballet flats. I have officially turned into a soccer mom without the SUV, soccer game schedule OR kid.
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I can lend you a kid (or three). Two of them come with ballet expenses and have to be driven to class daily.
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Guys, I just spent HOURS at the mall today (killing time while DH took a test) and I didn't buy anything. I feel really off my game.
                            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I'm sorry.
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                                I'm sorry.
                                Lol... I mean, my bank account thanks me, even if it was a little boring.
                                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                                X