Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cropped pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropped pants

I have a few pairs of cropped pants from Banana Republic Outlet that I really love. I like to wear them to work when it's super hot (which is a long time here), but I can't wear them for more than a day in a row, since they stretch out a bit, or E spits up on them, so I need more. I ordered 2 new pairs from Ann Taylor Loft because they were on sale, and easier to get than BR (can't order those online, have to drive an hour to the store). They're not quite as nice - I can't decide if the cut is OK and I should keep them, or if I should return them and find time to go to BR and hope they have more in different colors.

Here are the BR ones (on the left):

Here are the Loft ones (ignore my t-shirt, which has spit up on it):

I think they're a bit shorter, and generally just not as flattering as a cut. It's so hard to find pants, especially cropped pants, in a good petite size! What do you think - should I keep them or return them?
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

They're not doing you any favors, tbh. I'd return. I don't get how 5" at the ankle makes folks cooler in the summer? How about trying skirts (I know dresses may be hard right now with nursing)?
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Oh LSW, wherefore art thou?
      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Cropped pants

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
        They're not doing you any favors, tbh. I'd return. I don't get how 5" at the ankle makes folks cooler in the summer? How about trying skirts (I know dresses may be hard right now with nursing)?
        I agree.

You're pretty petite, right? Capris are shortening you even more. Can you go for maxi skirts instead? I know that they're difficult to find for petites that don't swallow you whole, but I'd find some and have them hemmed to fit. 1.) More comfortable, 2.) MUCH cooler, and, 3.) More flattering.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
          I wear sandals with the cropped pants. I feel like sandals look silly with my long trousers, so I wear flats with them. I used to wear skirts a lot, but I stopped a few years ago because none of the styles were flattering. And yes, dresses are challenging right now. I managed to find a few that I can nurse in, but it's harder to pump in them at work, so I save them for the weekends.

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
          You're pretty petite, right? Capris are shortening you even more. Can you go for maxi skirts instead? I know that they're difficult to find for petites that don't swallow you whole, but I'd find some and have them hemmed to fit. 1.) More comfortable, 2.) MUCH cooler, and, 3.) More flattering.
          Yep, I'm 5'1" and prefer a 30" inseam on pants, unless I'm wearing heels. What kind of shirts do you wear with maxi skirts? I'd definitely have to have them hemmed.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Also, I have a really hard time buying skinny pants of any sort, generally, which is another reason I loved the BR ones. I have wide calves, and most of the pants don't fit over them or just look really ridiculous.

Comment

Petite and wide calves? That's capri pants hell. Don't do that to yourself. I wear all sorts of tops with maxi skirts. They're pretty versatile. Head over to Pinterest for some ideas.

Comment

Well I wanted more of a cropped pant look and less capri, but I agree these new ones are more on the capri side. It's fun replacing my wardrobe postbaby, since all my clothes were stolen in the move, but it's a pain too!

Comment

What?! Stolen? Shit. What happened?

Comment

You could probably get away with something that just hits the ankle. Mid-shin is a tough length for anyone.

Comment

LSW is going to tell you to try for a nice ankle length pant
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm firmly against anything cropped, especially on anyone who is shorter than 5'10". And jeez, sorry to hear about your clothes being stolen. That's awful!

Comment

Haha, I can't wait, LSW. I like a good slim, ankle length crop too, but they are hard to get right. Def. return the new ones, they are not working.
                          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                            What?! Stolen? Shit. What happened?
                            When we moved here last summer, they packed our stuff into two different moving vans because it wouldn't all fit in the one, and the second one was stolen out of their ware house. Most of the contents of my closet were in that van, and I'm still in the process of replacing my clothes.

Comment

Haha, I had a feeling, LSW! I guess to me, ankle length is cropped, so I wasn't expecting them to be this short. They will definitely go back! I just need to get the second half of the order (shirts and a dress), so if it doesn't work I only have to make one trip to the store to return.

Comment

Working...
                              X