Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Eyebrow threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyebrow threading

I'm a convert. Way better than wax. This is awesomesauce. My brows look AMAHZING! It was $10. Fast. Better shape. Seriously.

Find an Indian lady that does this near you.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I was super into it before. I think it looks better than waxing too. Plus I just went to this grad student's house down the street (her DH is a resident too, which I thought was funny). I found her on a local Indian website while googling. And she was like 1/4th the price of the place I went before we moved, which was awesome.

I haven't been back for a for months because I found a great place for dermaplaning, and she does my brows during that (but she makes them too thin). But I should really go back, thanks for reminding me!

Comment

I've always wanted to, but waxing at home is cheaper
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Wow, I'm super impressed you can wax your own eyebrows. I'd be so nervous - I also can't paint my own nails, so I think it's better if I keep the hot wax away from my eyes unless a professional is handling it 😉.

Comment

It's not perfect but it's passable. If post a pic but I need to do them again!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I don't have enough eyebrow to thread! I color patches of mine in for pictures and tweeze occasional strays.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I agree it's awesome. And I have such fair skin that applying wax burnt the skin/made it red for days. The threading makes it red/irritated for just a few hours and then it looks awesome!
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

First one thing, JDAZ, this is the second post I've seen in 5 minutes where you've not said anything. I think there might be something screwy with your app?

The first and only time I had my eyebrows threaded was at a little boutique in Queens where I could barely get 3 words in English. I didn't enjoy the sensation. It takes too long. Give me the quick wax.

Comment

Weird I can see her posts. Maybe you accidentally blocked her?

Comment

That is weird, because I can see my posts too. Hummmm.

Comment

I also see them. But I have had glitches before where I was missing partial text before.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Threading is awesome! I do my brows and upper lip. I got my whole face done once but I don't think I'd try that again for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
                          Threading is awesome! I do my brows and upper lip. I got my whole face done once but I don't think I'd try that again for a while.
                          That sounds like it would take for-evah!

I mostly pluck the few strays and maybe wax 1 or 2 times a year but have considered threading...I just don't want to do it at the mall while people are walking/gawking by...that's the only place here that does it.
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I've had my whole face done too. It didn't take too long (eyebrows take the longest), but it hurt like a B!tch!!

Comment

Eyebrow threading

Here there is really only a stands at the mall too. I just happened to find the girl that did it at home, so you never know.
                              Last edited by JDAZ11; 07-23-2014, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X