Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What kind of jewelry do you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of jewelry do you wear?

The only piece I wear with any regularity is a gold-tone bracelet that says "follow that dream". I don't even wear my wedding set.

That said, I've got a ridiculous amount of jewelry. I've got maybe a dozen statement necklaces that I've never even worn! It seems pointless to wear any of it when I don't do much besides work/school/work-out. First I need to step up the clothing game and maybe get out of my work-out clothes when I'm done working out.

What do you usually wear? I'm feeling pretty frumpy after viewing the clothing thread!!

Wedding band, which is just hammered gold, and this summer found a nice compliment to wear on my right, it's like a hammered leaf in silver and gold. I never take off either. Usually wear silver / ish earrings of some kind of dangle variety. I really enjoy finding a good pair by local artists but they have to be a pretty good quality BC ears are sensitive.

Comment

I always have in earrings, always have on two bracelets. I very rarely, If ever, wear my wedding rings.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I recently had the epiphany that although I have both hips and boobs, I have a decent amount more hips than boobs. For balance, I need to give a little emphasis to my upper half, so I've been trying for wider necked tops and always wearing a necklace. I only have 4 necklaces ATM, one is a silver pendant on a red leather thong that says "expect good" and I wear that one most. I also always wear my yellow gold wedding ring and solitaire on my left hand, a silver band on my right. Can't wear earrings.
        Alison

Comment

I love jewelry. I grew up in the jewelry business. I wear my wedding rings and engagement ring every day. I almost always wearing bracelets or necklaces. I like to layer jewelry, mix metals, mix costume with good stuff. Statement necklaces are easy to wear and make everything look special. I like earrings too (when I'm not wearing a statement necklace) but I've been only wearing studs during the last 4 years because of the babies grabbing me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I wear my wedding and engagement rings (platinum) on my left hand and a white gold sapphire ring that was my grandmother's on my right. It was a ring my beloved grandfather gave her, and when I graduated from college, she gave it to me. I also wear the distinctive ring (yellow gold and black onyx) of my alma mater on right pinky (don't know what I was thinking buying a pinky ring), but only to work.

I have a variety of earrings that I like to wear on a daily basis. I may try to color coordinate them with my outfit or perhaps bring in a "pop" of color. Or sometimes I just let them be understated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I always wear my wedding set. I usually wear diamond stud earrings, although I have several pairs of fun, dangly earrings that I like to wear too, but am hesitant to wear around E. I stopped wearing a watch years ago, because I would get anxious about being late, so it was better that I just not know what time it was. Bracelets drive me crazy while I'm on the computer all day. So, I wear fun necklaces. At this point, most of them are from Premier, because my sister sells it and I get it at her discount. I have several nice necklaces too though that I wear pretty regularly as well, with my favorite being a diamond fleur de lis pendant that hubby got me last year for my combined Christmas/anniversary present. I also have a few nice bracelets and other rings that I wear for special occasions too.
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                I like to layer jewelry, mix metals, mix costume with good stuff.
                I'd love some tips on mixing costume with the good stuff! I struggle with that usually.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Always wear my wedding set. Usually wear a crucifix -- either a sterling silver one or gold one with a medal of Mary on the chain. Sometimes I change it up with other necklaces. I love hearts so DH got me a heart with a ruby in it one year and the following he gave me matching earrings.

I also have plenty of costume jewelry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                    I'd love some tips on mixing costume with the good stuff! I struggle with that usually.
                    You know, I really don't have a formula. It's mostly about proportion and style. I'd probably start out with some pieces that are mixed. For instance, I have a leaf made of white gold set with diamonds that I wear on a rubber chord. Lots of silver or pearl stuff is made that way, strung on rubber or fabric. Or, I wear my gold, silver, and vintage costume bracelets all together. Wood or leather pieces also mix well with all sorts of metals and stones.

Really, it's like wearing a silk blouse with blue jeans. The blouse makes the jeans special while the jeans make the blouse casual. As long as the proportions are right, then it's all good.

Last edited by MrsK; 10-02-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Also, semi - precious stones .... think amber, onyx, turquoise, coral, lapis....usually opaque stones that are polished instead of faceted....help bridge the gap between costume and "good" jewelry. I also try to get quality costume jewelry. Stuff that is made well and in subdued colors that could plausibly be genuine. So, I avoid costume metals that are too shiny, gigantic glass gems, and anything poorly made.

Comment

I think my biggest issue is that my nice necklaces are shorter, like on 16" chains generally, and my costume pieces are mostly long, with just a couple of shorter chunkier ones. I have a lot of mixed metal pieces, because my wedding set is white gold, but I love wearing gold shoes, and I feel like the mixed metal jewelry ties it all together. Most of what I have is actually pretty decent stuff, nothing really plastic or flashy.

If anybody is interested, I have a party open with Premier still, probably for another few days. This link has some information: https://www.facebook.com/events/947257635288106/
                        But if that doesn't work, the catalog link is: http://laurenbeck.mypremierdesigns.com/ And the code is BLING!

Comment

What kind of jewelry do you wear?

Always wear my wedding set too.

Rarely bracelets. Mostly necklaces. I like vintage stuff (or vintage looking stuff), pendants on long chains, and meaningful jewelry. Usually stuff that is relatively simple. Some of my favorites are from my MIL, she's awesome with getting me stuff I love. I find stuff on Etsy I like too. Adore pearls

I don't have my ears pierced but plan to do it soon.
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

@ALOY I'd layer the shorter fine necklaces with a couple longer costume necklaces that are not too heavy. Something like a pendant works well for that. I also would not hesitate to wear a delicate fine necklace with costume bracelets. You might also consider wearing fine pendants on silk, leather, or rubber chores but make sure they have reliable locks. I'd also invest in a longer fine chain so you can layer fine pendants. Layering them make them look less formal.

Comment

Another thought. ... glass/crystal beads mix well with both fine and costume jewelry. Try mixing with pearls, onyx, silver, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X