Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

November What Are You Wearing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, quick! I need to wear this dress tonight and wasn't planning on when I packed for this trip. (I only brought it so DH could take the weekly bump shot). I need to winterize it, and I didn't bring tall boots. I have a gray blazer, I can remove the pink belt or switch to camel, and I can buy tights (gray?). I might need to shop for brown boots, yes? I have nearly every store at my disposal (Nordstrom Rack!) but don't want to spend a fortune. I could also just buy some cheap flats... Any other accessory/style suggestions? Colors? I have one scarf and it is a plum & fuschia purple abstract pattern.
    Attached Files
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
      Help, quick! I need to wear this dress tonight and wasn't planning on when I packed for this trip. (I only brought it so DH could take the weekly bump shot). I need to winterize it, and I didn't bring tall boots. I have a gray blazer, I can remove the pink belt or switch to camel, and I can buy tights (gray?). I might need to shop for brown boots, yes? I have nearly every store at my disposal (Nordstrom Rack!) but don't want to spend a fortune. I could also just buy some cheap flats... Any other accessory/style suggestions? Colors? I have one scarf and it is a plum & fuschia purple abstract pattern.
      What a cute dress!!! I'm not much help, I can't imagine much beyond some jewelry or a scarf. I guess if you really need you can wear a big wool wrap to keep you warm, but if you have a coat and are mostly going to be inside I'd just use that for warmth. Tights and boots would be cute but don't ask me what kind BC I'd prob wear Frye's

Comment

I wore a very similar dress on Saturday - I would do a cardigan - mustard perhaps. T or leggings and tall boots or ballet flats. Check H&M if you have access to one. Keep the cardi open so you don't have to buy a maternity one Charming Charlie for cheap costume jewelry.
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
          What a cute dress!!! I'm not much help, I can't imagine much beyond some jewelry or a scarf. I guess if you really need you can wear a big wool wrap to keep you warm, but if you have a coat and are mostly going to be inside I'd just use that for warmth. Tights and boots would be cute but don't ask me what kind BC I'd prob wear Frye's
          The dress is a navy stripe, BTW, it might look black. It's not going to be super cold, probably 40* later? I think can get away with my existing blazer and a scarf, I won't be outside much. I really want leg coverage though. I totally have some knee high brown BOC boots at home that I would wear, but I didn't bring them because they have heels and wouldn't fit in my carry on, which would have meant I was wearing them at the airport. My stupid separating pelvis can't handle that. Argh.

Comment

The dress is a navy stripe, BTW, it might look black. It's not going to be super cold, probably 40* later? I think can get away with my existing blazer and a scarf, I won't be outside much. I really want leg coverage though. I totally have some knee high brown BOC boots at home that I would wear, but I didn't bring them because they have heels and wouldn't fit in my carry on, which would have meant I was wearing them at the airport. My stupid separating pelvis can't handle that. Argh.
            Go with leggings and flats or whatever shoes you brought. Otherwise, it sounds like you have what you need.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Oh yeah, I don't have any shoes I can wear with it. I brought two pairs, only suitable for jeans... Turns out the ILs want us to dress up a little. What color flats?

Comment

Oh yeah, I don't have any shoes I can wear with it. I brought two pairs, only suitable for jeans... Turns out the ILs want us to dress up a little. What color flats?
                Whatever color you will wear again at home.

Comment

Really, anything will work. You can even go leopard if you want.

Comment

I think you can get away with neutral tights (gray or navy) and pretty much any color flats.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I have that dress, MSB! No help with winterizing as it was likely 99 degrees when I wore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cute dress MSB! You really can do anything with it like the others said. I'm wearing this in burgundy: https://www.madewell.com/madewell_ca...3998/03998.jsp
                        with black fishnets and short leather boots from Nine West. Black Kate Spade tote.

Comment

Red sweater with elbow patches
                          Tights
                          Black hunter boots
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

November What Are You Wearing?

Last edited by JDAZ11; 11-04-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

My pants apparently shrunk in the wash, so they're kind of highwaters, and I didn't really notice much until I left the house. Hopefully I can stretch them back out and just not dry them again. Loft top, J. Crew cardigan, BR Outlet pants, Premier necklace.

She's figured out how to make the chair rock and has a blast when I set her in it to take a picture, which is why it's blurry! Carter's and Keds
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Outfit repeat so no pic today!
                                Jen
                                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                                X