Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Swash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swash

I've been spending a lot of time at Bed Bath and Beyond lately. They are selling this "swash" dry cleaning machine that looks like something out of The Jetsons. Have you seen this? Do you want it?

http://www.swash.com/
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I buy nothing that requires dry cleaning. Neat idea though, I bet they gouge on the cleaning pods.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

That looks super cool, I wonder how well it works. I like how thin of a profile it has, looks like it would fit in most walk-in closets. I don't use the dry cleaners either so it wouldn't be worth it for me but I could see how it'd be convenient if I did.
      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
        I buy nothing that requires dry cleaning. Neat idea though, I bet they gouge on the cleaning pods.
        $7 for 12 pods (so says the website, but if you buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond you can probably use those %20 coupons and get them a little cheaper)
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

They had one in the store. It's about 4' tall and I'd guess a little under a foot wide.

BTW, I've noticed fewer BBB coupons in magazines lately and the last one I saw was 20% for a set period and then 10% thereafter. It said "because you can't stay 20 forever." Rats! That's the whole appeal of BBB coupons.

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
            $7 for 12 pods (so says the website, but if you buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond you can probably use those %20 coupons and get them a little cheaper)
            $7 to clean 12 articles of clothing is less than the dry cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
              BTW, I've noticed fewer BBB coupons in magazines lately and the last one I saw was 20% for a set period and then 10% thereafter. It said "because you can't stay 20 forever." Rats! That's the whole appeal of BBB coupons.
              Nooooo! The outrage! Seriously that's the only reason I go to BBB (it's a bit out of the way here) is because I can use a 20% off coupon from 2012 and no one questions it. I haven't seen the 10% thing on any of mine yet though I also haven't been looking closely. I still get them in the mail every few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                Nooooo! The outrage! Seriously that's the only reason I go to BBB (it's a bit out of the way here) is because I can use a 20% off coupon from 2012 and no one questions it. I haven't seen the 10% thing on any of mine yet though I also haven't been looking closely. I still get them in the mail every few weeks.
                You'll know it when you see it. It was very conspicuous.

Comment

I've also been seeing a lot of their coupons that are just $5 off, rather than a percentage, recently. I also get texts with links to coupons for 20% one item; they last about a month, and usually I get another text for the next coupon a few days after the last one expired. I mostly use them for our sodastream cartridge swap-outs.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Since Linens N things went out of business they don't have a true competitor so they have drastically cut back on their coupons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'd consider it if it works. Especially if you can just steam without a pod
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                        I'd consider it if it works. Especially if you can just steam without a pod
                        I'd like to have that option, too (mostly for my stuff)!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Swash

I'd really like one, but I have to admit most of the press i've read about it has been pretty bad. For example, sales so far aren't great, so what do you do if you buy one and then they stop manufacturing the machines and the pods a year later? Is the whole machine a waste if you can't buy refill pods?

http://mobile.businessweek.com/artic...hes-deodorizer

Comment

It dewrinkles and deodorizes but has no claims about cleaning. So it's not a substitute for the dry cleaner's, it's a substitute for an iron and Febreze, or Dryel.

I can buy a lot of Dryel for $500. Or new clothes, for that matter. I don't think DH has an article of clothing that cost more than $30. Color me unimpressed.
                            Alison

Comment

Working...
                            X