Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fun Husband Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Husband Gifts

So my husband's Christmas gift this year is an "experience", which he'd MUCH rather have than something he doesn't necessarily need (he doesn't need anything right now - luckily!). He's not a huge material person, he'd rather go do something fun. So his big gift is going to a Panthers game this Sunday then we're spending the night in CLT and are going out for a nice dinner and going out to a few places in Uptown CLT (anyone ever heard of/been to the EpiCentre?)

Anyway - I want to grab a couple little things for him to have to open on Christmas morning. One, because I want him to physically have something but two, it seems like a fun opportunity to give him a few "toys" that he can enjoy while he's on vacation. He doesn't get to play a lot and I just want to get a few fun things for him. I let it slip that I was planning on grabbing this for him and he was SO excited: http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107..._cd_ql_qh_dp_t

Any other ideas for fun little toys that grown men enjoy? I try to get thoughtful little things, but sometimes he doesn't have time to enjoy them - case in point, for Valentine's Day I subscribed him to National Geographic because he loves it...but he has no time to read it. So almost all of them are unopened to be "read at a later date"..we'll see about that.

Any fun/inexpensive blow-off-steam gifts you've gotten your husband (of you've received as a husband) that put a smile on his face?
    Last edited by WolfpackWife; 12-09-2014, 07:19 AM.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

I made a joke last week about how much I hate kitchen gear / did he want a remote meat thermometer and he was SO EXCITED! Saying he would smoke pork over the holidays if I did....

besides that, I've got nothing. Keeping an eye on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
      I made a joke last week about how much I hate kitchen gear / did he want a remote meat thermometer and he was SO EXCITED! Saying he would smoke pork over the holidays if I did....

besides that, I've got nothing. Keeping an eye on this thread
      Ooh we just got one that's linked to an app...DH lurrrves it!

Comment

My dad asked me for small gift ideas that weren't baby-related, so on my advice DH is getting a portable bluetooth speaker so we can have music in the kitchen or other spots where we don't currently have speakers. I saw some Phillips ones at TJ Maxx for like $35, and others on Amazon.
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
          Any fun/inexpensive blow-off-steam gifts you've gotten your husband (of you've received as a husband) that put a smile on his face?
          Funny you call it "blow off steam" - I got DH a steam gift card last year; he likes being able to download the latest updates for the latest games he's playing (I think it's currently skyrim he's in the middle of, but he rotates through several of similar ilk - fallout and GTA are other favorites).
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
            Ooh we just got one that's linked to an app...DH lurrrves it!
            Which one did you get? I'm thinking about doing smoked carnitas (wonder where I got that idea? ) the first night the in laws are here.

Comment

Hubby likes flashlights and batteries. He sent me this: http://www.batteryjunction.com/2014-gift-guide.html

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                Which one did you get? I'm thinking about doing smoked carnitas (wonder where I got that idea? ) the first night the in laws are here.
                http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I25PGZO

It's also nice because it magnets to your stove!

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                  Hubby likes flashlights and batteries. He sent me this: http://www.batteryjunction.com/2014-gift-guide.html

Oh, man. I am SUNK if DH ever finds out that site exists. So right up his alley. WTF is it with the flashlights?
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I got my hubs this grill cleaner; I've always been afraid those metal bristles would get lodged in somebody's throat and this seemed cool.
                    http://www.thegreatscrape.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not really inexpensive but DH asked for a camera or video drone. I have to get him to pick it out because I haven't a clue.

He loves the Chromecast I got him last year.
                      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                        Not really inexpensive but DH asked for a camera or video drone. I have to get him to pick it out because I haven't a clue.

He loves the Chromecast I got him last year.
                        I actually thought of that! They are pricier than I'm looking for for this purpose, but I'm tucking it away for future gifts. It's a fun thing to have, but definitely not something he needs, which I think is a great gift to give since usually when we buy things it's because we need them. I just want him to have a few toys/little gadgets to have fun with!
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

My hubby loves those helicopters! He also likes the model rockets at Hobby Lobby. He's really a 12-year old boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                            My dad asked me for small gift ideas that weren't baby-related, so on my advice DH is getting a portable bluetooth speaker so we can have music in the kitchen or other spots where we don't currently have speakers. I saw some Phillips ones at TJ Maxx for like $35, and others on Amazon.
                            I've gotten portable speakers for DH too. I've also gotten him a Spotify premium account which is a far more pleasant experience than listening to the free version with ads every 3 songs. It's like $10 a month I think. Along those lines, I got him some headphones for his gaming systems, though that was as much for me as it was for him because now I don't have to listen to loud explosions or commentary of fake sporting events blaring through the house . What else... little Star Wars (or whatever he's into) lego kits, wireless keyboard and mouse for his laptop, new cover for his phone, juggling balls, new basketball, golf towels.
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

OMG Legos....that might be a good idea.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X