Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Men's chain for wedding ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] that's what we always assumed DH would do when necessary. He won't be in surgery so I don't know how often it will be an issue (probably more often if he does interventional, but that's a ways off). In any case, we knew he was med school bound when we bought our wedding bands so we chose tungsten because I sort of assumed right off the bat that he would likely lose it once and if he did, it wouldn't be a huge financial loss. I hope he doesn't, but we set out preparing for that very real possibility. He wouldn't wear it on a chain. I'd rather him just leave it at home but...if he doesn't lose it at some point I'll be shocked!
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
      Dh ties his to his scrub pants in the knot. Never been a problem.
      That's what DH does now. He hasn't had a problem, but a few attendings he works with have shared their horror stories.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Talked to my husband about this last night. He said he stopped wearing it on his scrubs because you drop it when you change if you forget. He said wearing it on the lanyard ID is ideal because he literally never has that off his neck. It stays on under the gown in surgery.

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
          [MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] that's what we always assumed DH would do when necessary. He won't be in surgery so I don't know how often it will be an issue (probably more often if he does interventional, but that's a ways off). In any case, we knew he was med school bound when we bought our wedding bands so we chose tungsten because I sort of assumed right off the bat that he would likely lose it once and if he did, it wouldn't be a huge financial loss. I hope he doesn't, but we set out preparing for that very real possibility. He wouldn't wear it on a chain. I'd rather him just leave it at home but...if he doesn't lose it at some point I'll be shocked!
          I don't want Dh leaving it home. I want him wearing it when he's not in surgery!!! Maybe I'm old fashioned but it annoys me when many of my male coworkers travel on business without wearing their wedding rings "because it's uncomfortable" and I know all their wives. I want to be like, well, it's uncomfortable for her to wear a bra in public but she still does it. Ass holes.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

[MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] I agree, I'd rather my husband wear it and expect him to...but if he were hypothetically in procedures all day during which I knew he couldn't wear it except for the drive into work and back, I'd say "just leave it at home." Just because, while I know some people have success tying it into their scrubs, I can't tell you how many pieces of paper, tubes of blistex, nitrile gloves, notes, pens, and other miscellany I've put through the wash in his regular pants and scrub pants. I have little faith that the ring would make it at one point or another - into the hospital laundry it goes! And even though I did sort of prepare myself for him to lose it at some point, I'd rather him not risk it and leave it if he knew he couldn't wear it all day - the symbolism of the *actual* ring I had engraved for him and gave to him on our wedding day is special...even if I figured at some point it may have to be replaced. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit but I am being realistic! And he's definitely not a chain-wearing person so that wouldn't fly. I'll have to remember the lanyard tip when the time comes!
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

DH has been in the OR every day since Jan 1, and that ring goes to work with him every day (on his lanyard). He puts it on on the weekend
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
              X