Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

February Stitch Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Stitch Fixes

Ready for opinions! (Except on the messy playroom...)
    This fix came with earrings that were $28, but I have some similar, so I won't be keeping those.

Jeans - Saira Ankle Length Skinny Jean - $98
    I really like these, but I wish they weren't almost $100... I've really loved all the jeans they've sent, though, and they've held up well. I don't think I'd regret keeping them...
    Shirt - Pixley Bixby Dot Print - $48
    I liked this one, too. Thoughts?

Same jeans.
    41Hawthorn Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse - $58
    I wanted to like this one, and I did until I saw the picture where it very clearly shows my muffin top. Sending it back.

Dress - Papermoon Cecil Abstract Print Dress - $68
    I just don't love this. Nothing exactly wrong, but it's stretchy fabric, and I think I look better with more structure.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

I like the dress best. It's flattering on you. I always like the one thing that you like least.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Haha MrsK! I should start taking your advice - you're so much better at clothes than I am!
      Laurie

Comment

Ditto to MrsK, I really like the dress. Are you wearing and undergarments like Assets from Target? A nice tank under the green shirt will smooth your torso. Fun items!!!

This was my first month I had a miss. It was a pink dress styled perfectly for a 5'11" woman with no hips or boobs, and since that is not me I had to send it back.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I really like the dress, too
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

What I see is you like the garments that hide your body instead of those that accentuate your assets. The dress works because it gives you a waist but hides the bulges. I think a pair of Assets underneath and it would be great.

The dark blouse you like? It adds weight to your figure because it doesn't give you a waist. I wonder what it would look like if you added a belt at the waist?
            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
              What I see is you like the garments that hide your body instead of those that accentuate your assets. The dress works because it gives you a waist but hides the bulges. I think a pair of Assets underneath and it would be great.

The dark blouse you like? It adds weight to your figure because it doesn't give you a waist. I wonder what it would look like if you added a belt at the waist?
              This.

As for green blouse, I like it but I wonder how well those jeans fit if they give you a muffin top. Maybe you need a higher waist?

Comment

Does Stitch Fix let you exchange pictures of yourself in the clothes with the stylist? I think that would inform the stylist so much more than just hearing thumbs up/thumbs down.

Comment

Hmmmm, I don't know about pics but you do get to comment on each individual piece. I leave detailed comments on each as to what I specificaly like or dislike.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I like the dress and the green top - with different pants and a supportive tank under it. I think the color looks awesome on you.

I don't think the first top does much for you. It's fine, but i would keep the green over that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha I actually like the first top best and am meh about the dress too.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

The first one hides ur figure. Don't hide it, it is cute! It doesn't have any structure so it just loosely hangs.
                        I love the second one but understand ur concern. The support tops may be just the thing. But even with ur concern area you look instantly slimmer than with the top above because of how it is cut. I do like the dress as well.
                        Brandi
                        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I send a link to my stitch fix album in flickr to my stylist, and they seem to appreciate it. I kind of like the first two best.
                          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I really like the jeans. Not so much a fan of the dress, although I agree it accentuates your great figure.

Comment

Thanks all! I know you're right about me trying to hide my figure. I tried on the second shirt with different pants, and you're right. The jeans are going back, and I'm keeping the green shirt.
                              Laurie

Comment

Working...
                              X