Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Too Much Stretch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much Stretch?

This is a stupid question but I'm curious. I recently got a new pair of J. Brand jeans. They were almost too tight when I tried them on but I've been losing weight so I decided to take the plunge. I've gone through two wash cycles with them and strangely they actually stretch TOO much. I'm the weirdo pulling up their skinny jeans in the grocery store. I'm almost tempted to put them away with my winter clothes in case I gain weight again. Or should I have them taken in at the waist? Has anyone ever done that? They're tight right after drying but we don't have laundry in our apartment so I can't just pop them in... and I never wear belts. Any ideas?

J brands can certainly be super stretchy. I actually still fit in two of my pairs (they are black and almost black - the material is like leggings).

Did you wash them on hot and dry them on high?

I also had a pair fixed at the dry cleaner and they must have dry cleaned them. They came back super tight. But then I got pregnant and like right away that pair felt a little too tight. So not sure how long it would have taken them to stretch out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pair of stretchy Joe's that I'm starting to feel this way about. But I always wear belts, and that pretty much does the trick for now. I can get a couple wears out of them before I need to wash them HOT to shrink them back up (or I just wear them around the house looking saggy for a couple more days, haha). I guess I don't know how taking them in would turn out, I would just belt them.
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

All of my high end jeans do that. The Joes and Lucky brand in particular.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

My skinny jeans always fall down too...I feel like they have so much stretch that even though they're painted on, they wiggle down because I'm walking around.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Maybe I should buy a belt. Belts just feel so bulky. The jeans DO tighten up after a good drying but I'm not going to admit how often we make it to the laundromat. It's so just so weird. There's no way I could've fit into a size smaller but it feels like they stretch a good two sizes.

I need to take some pants in for alteration. Maybe I'll bring the jeans too just to see what they say.

Comment

I hate jeans with spandex/stretch in them. Regular denim have enough stretch to them for me and just get more comfy.
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
              X