Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

June Stitch Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Stitch Fix

I know, it's still May but this one was scheduled for June 1st and arrived early. This is my first fix.

20150529_143136.jpg

Mavi Angie Skinny Jean $88. I really wanted to love these. They are so soft but I think that they are just too big. They are supposed to be "skinny" but they bag in the knees and sag in the bottom. Also, I think they are too long on me. They arrived cuffed once. I tried cuffing them twice and 3x but I think they just don't work. Maybe in a smaller size?

20150529_144638.png.jpeg

Dear John Finnegan Roll Cuff Chino Short $48. A little pricy for shorts but I really like these. They are comfortable and I think they are flattering. Right? (Please tell me if I'm delusional.) It's hard to see in the picture but they have a skinny tan & black striped pattern. Excuse my glow in the dark pale legs. It's been raining non-stop here.

20150529_143901.jpg

Skies are Blue Bertha Embroidered Top $44. I think this is too big and too sheer though it looks better in the photo than in the mirror. It adds weight to my figure. Also, I specifically requested only machine washable clothes and this is hand wash only.

20150529_144958-1.jpg

Olive & Oak Vixen Keyhole Detail Top $58. I wanted to like this. I like the cut, color, and patterns. I think it would look good with the shorts but this one is too big. The arm holes were too big and my whole bra is exposed under the arms and in the back where it appears that the top was designed to cover it. Also, it's hand wash/dry clean only.

20150529_144437.jpg

Gilli Nell Dress $64. Another one that I wanted to like. It fits well and I like the polka dots. I think it would be comfortable in the sticky hot summer. I feel like the waist is high and it needs a belt or something. I tried every belt I have but none work. Also, think the blousey top adds weight though it's not terrible in the photos. Also, it's another hand wash/dry clean item. Not quite dressy enough for the special treatment and too high maintenance for my kids to wipe their noses on.

Overall, I'm disappointed. I'm thinking of asking for the jeans in a smaller size and maybe the Olive & Oak top? IDK. What do you think?
    Last edited by MrsK; 05-29-2015, 02:23 PM.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

If anyone knows how to rotate the pics, please do. I'm still learning how to use my new computer.

Comment

June Stitch Fix

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      I know, it's still May but this one was scheduled for June 1st and arrived early. This is my first fix.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3168[/ATTACH]

Mavi Angie Skinny Jean $88. I really wanted to love these. They are so soft but I think that they are just too big. They are supposed to be "skinny" but they bag in the knees and sag in the bottom. Also, I think they are too long on me. They arrived cuffed once. I tried cuffing them twice and 3x but I think they just don't work. Maybe in a smaller size?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3169[/ATTACH]

Dear John Finnegan Roll Cuff Chino Short $48. A little pricy for shorts but I really like these. They are comfortable and I think they are flattering. Right? (Please tell me if I'm delusional.) It's hard to see in the picture but they have a skinny tan & black striped pattern. Excuse my glow in the dark pale legs. It's been raining non-stop here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3170[/ATTACH]

Skies are Blue Bertha Embroidered Top $44. I think this is too big and too sheer though it looks better in the photo than in the mirror. It adds weight to my figure. Also, I specifically requested only machine washable clothes and this is hand wash only.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3171[/ATTACH]

Olive & Oak Vixen Keyhole Detail Top $58. I wanted to like this. I like the cut, color, and patterns. I think it would look good with the shorts but this one is too big. The arm holes were too big and my whole bra is exposed under the arms and in the back where it appears that the top was designed to cover it. Also, it's hand wash/dry clean only.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3172[/ATTACH]

Gilli Nell Dress $64. Another one that I wanted to like. It fits well and I like the polka dots. I think it would be comfortable in the sticky hot summer. I feel like the waist is high and it needs a belt or something. I tried every belt I have but none work. Also, think the blousey top adds weight though it's not terrible in the photos. Also, it's another hand wash/dry clean item. Not quite dressy enough for the special treatment and too high maintenance for my kids to wipe their noses on.

Overall, I'm disappointed. I'm thinking of asking for the jeans in a smaller size and maybe the Olive & Oak top? IDK. What do you think?
      I like the shorts, and I think the jeans look cute (but more boyfriend-ish than skinny). Not a huge fan of the tops, especially since they're not machine washable.
      Last edited by OrionGrad; 05-29-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1432941701206.jpg this is the back view in the jeans after I hike them up. I have a flat bottom.

Comment

Yeah, the jeans are too big, but I do like the shorts. I love the colors/detailing on the embroidered top, but you are right, that cut isn't flattering. I actually do like the dress, but I'd probably return it for reasons you've mentioned.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Such a bummer - lots of great outfits in theory, but not a perfect fit for you. I'd keep the shorts and send the rest back. I agree with you on all of them.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I'm with ALOY - I'd only keep the shorts. They're cute, and they look great on you! Pin more things on Pinterest, share pictures of you in your Fix with your stylist (I use Snapfish), and give specific feedback, and they will get better. If all else fails, my stylist is amazing. Maybe you can request her.

As far as the hand wash thing... That's all I've gotten from Stitch Fix. Not a single top has been machine washable. I've put some of them in the washer, depending on the fabric (Google it), but they all say hand wash on the tags.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

[MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION] who is your st

Comment

Stylist?

Comment

Christina
                    Laurie

Comment

I like the shorts the best too. The other stuff just kind of hangs on you.
                      Yes on building a good Pinterest page and giving specific feedback for each item. I really love my stylist Erika. She has hit it out of the park almost every time. Only once did she send me a box with things that were just awful (mom jean shorts and baggy tops). She sends stylish items and I may have only one item in 8 fixes that require hand wash and one that requires dry cleaning. She appreciates that I have lots of kiddos and little time to deal with hand washing things.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Ooh, that's good to know, Pollyanna! I guess I need to request machine washable!
                        Laurie

Comment

So, I got my May stitch fix and completely forgot to take pictures. I did keep 1 item from the 5 because at $19 I couldn't pass it up and I needed a cute summer top. Will post a pic tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Mine came yesterday! I was pretty disappointed with it. Bummer, because it seems like it's been forever since my May one, and I only kept one piece from that one that I didn't really love. Hope July is better!

Level 99 Marlowe Denim Short - $98
                            These were fine, but nothing special. Definitely not $98 worth of special! (Wearing them with the two tops below)

Brixon Ivy Fallon Mixed Print Sleeveless Blouse - $44
                            Just not my style.

Papermoon Rosebery Crochet Inset Top - $44
                            Cute, fit well, and DH liked it a lot. Just the price that's holding me back. That's a lot for just a white tank... Thoughts?

Zad Melodie Layered Teardrop Stone Necklace - $36
                            I love this. Definitely keeping it! (Shown above with white tank)

Ivy + Blue Geneva Dress - $128
                            I liked it ok, but it is just too $$$ for a dress I don't feel amazing in.
                            Laurie

Comment

I like the white top too, but get what you are saying. $100 for denim shorts? What are you smoking stitch fix?
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X