Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

July Stitch Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Stitch Fix

Help me decide:

So, this was the Maggy London Jill Floral Dress. It barely got zipped on me with effort, and you can tell. It's a size 14 (as big as stitch fix goes - which is why I quit stitch fix last year, I got too fat). Anyway, I am still losing weight. It's $98. I'm super torn on this dress.

This is the Market & Spruce Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan and Margaret M Emer Printed Straight Leg Pant

The cardigan is insanely heavy. I don't know if I could realistically wear this, ever. I don't love it anyway. $68

The pants - I hate the print. They bag at the knees. No. $98

This is the Collective Concepts Ravenna V-Neck Blouse. I'm not crazy about the print. It's also shorter than I would like. $54

Zad Dawson Hammered Layered Metal Bib Necklace.

Okay, not worth $36.

Thoughts? Am I wrong about anything?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I kind of agree with everything you said. I love the cardigan. I think I will love the dress, but right now it's too tight. Probably not the case in like two weeks though. I would keep those and return the rest.

You look awesome btw!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, you look fantastic!! I love the dress, and I think you should keep it. Like JDAZ said, in a couple weeks (just in time for the conference!) it will fit great. I like the necklace, and if you don't have anything like it, maybe keep it and tell yourself it's $16 (take out the styling fee). I'd send the rest back.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I don't think it'll fit I time for the conference, but that'd be awesome!!

Comment

The dress is totes worth $100, and will look amazing in a couple weeks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

First of all, you look amazing! I love the dress and agree with everyone else on the fit. I also like the blouse and the necklace. I can't imagine wearing the warm cardigan much in Florida, but maybe it's chillier than I think??

Comment

Way to go on the weight loss. You look great. I like the dress but I'd probably wait until you've lost the weight and can buy something that you truly love and that fits you fabulously right in the moment. When that happens, you will feel Ah-mazing. Unless you are absolutely in LUUUUUUVE with the dress and see it as something aspirational, I'd send it back. You don't seem excited about any of the rest so I'd send the rest back too.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I like the dress enough, I think I'll keep it. I'm sending back the rest.

Comment

Apparently Tapatalk ate my post last night...

First, you do look amazing! Anyway, I love the dress, and I think it's going to look awesome on you very soon. It will be a nice motivator, since you love it too.

They sent me that cardigan a while back in a tan color, and I absolutely hated it. It was weird material and it didn't fit well. It works a bit better on you, but you could definitely do better. I agree with sending everything else back!
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Here's mine. Much better than the past couple months.

Pixley Hanneli Polka Dot Swing Skirt - $54
                    I love this one. Definitely keeping it. It is navy, although it looks black in the picture.

Laila Jayde Clinton French Terry Layered Knit Tank - $48
                    Kind of expensive, but I love this one, too. I'm keeping it.

Gilli Sina V-Neck Printed Maxi Dress - $74
                    I'm just not a fan of Maxi dresses on me. DH liked it. Thoughts?

Rose De Paris Elenor Knit Tank - $38
                    This one is too big around the arms, and I think it's not flattering.

Urban Expressions Elle Woven Clutch - $38
                    I have nothing that would go with a brown clutch. Might have worked in black. Sending it back.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I love that maxi dress on you!!!
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Yeah, the maxi seems to be one of those situations where you may not like the style, but it totally flatters you. I guess you'll have to decide if you want to get used to it. It does look fantastic on you in the picture!!

Angie
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That polka dot skirt is right up my alley and looks great on you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Maxi dresses too me a little while to get used to also. You look great though. Keep it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The skirt is my favorite! I like the blue top, but see LSW's point too. I also like the maxi dress, although I think it would be more flattering if it had a higher waist.
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                              X