Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ibotta/similar apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibotta/similar apps

Anyone use them and want to be teammates? (Teammates just means you help your friends earn rebates by each shopping) I really like that Ibotta has rebates on dairy, eggs, and bread that are unbranded (i.e. You can buy any bread you want and still get a rebate vs having to use a coupon).
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

I've been using Ibotta for years! It's my favorite one. Do you also use Checkout 51 and Saving Star?
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

No, I'm just getting into it as I'm planning on SAH. Before now, I just didn't have time to do any couponing.

Friend me on FB so we can be teammates!

And if anyone wants to join us, we can give you a referral code to benefit both parties.
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I love ibotta!! I feel like it's hit or miss for me with groceries though. Maybe being on a team will help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't buy a lot of what's on the app. But even just for dairy, eggs, and bread, I appreciate earning for anything since those things never have coupons. There are even small rebates for produce!

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            No, I'm just getting into it as I'm planning on SAH. Before now, I just didn't have time to do any couponing.

Friend me on FB so we can be teammates!

And if anyone wants to join us, we can give you a referral code to benefit both parties.
            I'm not on FB. 😕 I just checked my Ibotta account and my lifetime savings is $764! That's just on my account. I use DH's phone too so I can sometimes double my savings if I find a good deal. Keep an eye on bonuses, they can really sweeten a deal. A lot of times you'll find the same item on multiple apps and can stack the rebate between Ibotta, checkout51, savings star, shopmium, etc. in addition to using a coupon!
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
              I'm not on FB. 😕 I just checked my Ibotta account and my lifetime savings is $764! That's just on my account. I use DH's phone too so I can sometimes double my savings if I find a good deal. Keep an eye on bonuses, they can really sweeten a deal. A lot of times you'll find the same item on multiple apps and can stack the rebate between Ibotta, checkout51, savings star, shopmium, etc. in addition to using a coupon!
              Wow, impressive. I think I need to start doing this!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              Grace

Comment

Can you explain how it works? I've been curious about this for a long time, but didnt think I knew anyone who used it.

-Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

[MENTION=1310]MDPhDWife[/MENTION] - so can you add teammates another way? There has to be a way.
                  [MENTION=1257]Deebs[/MENTION] - it's super simple. You download the app, choose a store or search for an item (if you let it, it will choose stores near you), I usually choose my fav local groceries and look thru the rebates. You choose the rebates you want to use, but the item, and save the receipt. When you get home (or whenever), you scan the item and take a pic of the receipt. It's that easy.

I really like it bc a lot of the stuff is branded like coupons but there's also unbranded items like onions, milk, bread, etc that you can buy ANY brand.

Let me know if you want a referral code.

I'm finding it quite easy and painless (takes 90 seconds when I get home) and I like saving $$ on things I would already buy.

Comment

Yes - send me a referral code. I'm horrible at coupons because I forget to use them. This, I could do.

-Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                      Yes - send me a referral code. I'm horrible at coupons because I forget to use them. This, I could do.

Me too.
                      Kris

Comment

So close to my first $20 on ibotta!! I also like that they have unbranded staples on there. We buy onion, bananas, bread, etc., each week, so it can help.

Has anyone had luck buying/selling gift cards on Raise?

I've been using ebates when online shopping. It gives you a percentage of money back on purchases and then you can cash out (I think $20 minimum). Percentages can change, but for example Groupon is 6% right now, travel sites go up a lot, Amazon, drugstore.com, department stores, etc. You can shop through ebates.com directly or install an extension that flashes when ebates has a deal for the site you're on.

Very easy, highly recommend for online shopping! If anyone would like a referral code, lemme know. It's an easy sign up and I think you get some extra money in your account t when you sign up with or without the code, so it's not necessary to use one!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

When you download the app - it'll ask you for a referral code. Mine is: wgpqbbo

Comment

R&D, it shows me connected to you on the app but that you have no activity? Or maybe bc I only added you yesterday, it only counts activity since we've been friends.

Comment

I saw you and some other iMSNers pop up! I have some activity and will get more this afternoon, haha. I'm not quite sure how the teams work, still.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X