Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wedding attire help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's on the water. Good to know!
    Alison

Comment

No chance you'd share the venue? I got married in DC, but I checked out a bunch of Baltimore venues.... I honestly think the tommy Bahama dress is essentially the right look unless it's the four seasons or a few other venues. I think casual-ish cocktail dress is the way to go for sure. You'll have a lot of leeway since its Labor Day in a (relatively) southern city.

I think you can go with even a nice leather flip flop (think Tory burch, but it could be anything similar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will PM you and T&S! I am paranoid about this public forum getting googled and me looking like a dolt who can't dress for a wedding. I admittedly am feeling kind of good about the dress I have, it DOES fit well and the bride DID make a point of advising guests to dress according to the expected weather. If I accessorize appropriately it might be classy enough. But hopefully I will be able to make time in the next few weeks to get childcare and get to the Nordstrom 2-ish hours away. We shall see.
        Alison

Comment

I'll check when you tell me the venue but I think that dress would be totally fine for most be fine in September.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Wedding was last weekend! I wanted to follow up and say thanks for the input and advice. I felt much more confident with your kind words…I was neither the fanciest nor the least fancy dresser there, and I was reasonably comfy in my ballet flats (though they were a little tight from being new) and sleeveless silk. Whoo!

Here I am dancing with the father of the groom in all my farmer's tan glory.

Alison

Comment

Pretty!
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Your farmers tan rivals my husband's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Alison

Comment

Working...
                  X