Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gifts for 21 year old boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifts for 21 year old boy

Ok, probably should have put man but when they are yours, they will always be your little boy! I am so totally stuck. Everybody else is taken care of. He has the itunes money his dad got him and a couple of clothes but nothing that is his special gift. I'm making a shadowbox that has my middle son's first paycheck and program as a preacher.I found him some nice copies of A Tale of Two Cities and some other classics. ( His request.) My daughter has a photobook of Music Man plus videos she wants. But my oldest has NO ideas. I have no ideas. He needs nothing. He is interested in nothing except sports. Over the years, we've given him pretty much all the Cowboy memorabilia, books, etc. He has sweatshirts, t-shirts, posters, etc. He will graduate in May with a Computer science degree and math minor. I would love to give him the gift of a job for Christmas, but I can't do that for him. That would make him happiest. He's worried.

Help!

Something from thinkgeek.com? A diploma frame (you can get the official Baylor ones cheaper online)?
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I had one of these at one point and I really loved it - now that I think about it, it may have gotten lost in our move. https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Power.../dp/B000YHO28U

One of the CS professors had one in her office and I always thought it was so fun.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Does he like any complex, collector lego sets, robot building kits, etc. I feel like they never really outgrow those, and they take a long time to complete.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Oh my goodness, I don't understand this, but he would probably love it. Thanks! If we don't get it this time, it will definitely be a birthday present for March!

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
          I had one of these at one point and I really loved it - now that I think about it, it may have gotten lost in our move. https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Power.../dp/B000YHO28U

One of the CS professors had one in her office and I always thought it was so fun.

Comment

I think we decided we are going to get him a fitbit. He really likes walking alone and has downloaded the couch to 5k on his phone last summer. ( Not sure what he has done, though.) I figure he and I can challenge each other to different goals and stuff. Hubby thought that was a good idea.

I like that clock thing as well. Talk to hubby and see if he wants to do that as well or save it for birthday in March.

He hasn't done Lego sets since late junior high/high school. Of course his courses keep him pretty busy. He likes Madden computer games.. He buys the new version every year. He is playing it now.. (:

Comment

Fitbits are always good!

Comment

Did he like the fitbit?

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yes, he did. Not that we got much of a reaction.. Smile. When he got a new car for his 21st birghday, it was just a grin. No big reaction. That just isn't him, but he got a sweet smile. He had it on and figured out that afternoon and fiddles with it all the time. He really likes it.

On a side note, he seems to be doing well. At Christmas, we got together with my family and my sister's son was diagnosed with Asperger's when he was a senior in high school. He is 23 now. He basically hid the entire time. ( Tons of people this time..my stepbrothers and their kids, my stepdads sister, husband an grown kids...24 people in a tiny house.) My son was fine and interacted well even with the people he didn't know. Those social anxiety classes at Baylor definitely helped I think. Just praying he can find a job when he graduates. He's never had one and that has really been working against him. But he seems in a better place than he was last summer. ( He had two different "sure thing" internships fall through. It was awful. I've enjoyed watching he and his brother during the break.

Comment

Working...
                  X