Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dumb fashion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb fashion question

So when wearing a top like the one in this picture, what is the appropriate bra program? Just wear a nude one and assume no one cares they can see your bra? Because the intention of this shirt is to wear with casual skinny jeans and I'm not wearing a strapless bra for that ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Better pic of the look I think I'm going for...

But what do I know. I'm fashion challenged.

Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

And then there's this which again...looser skirt for skinny jeans but hits at widest part of body...so, no?

Comment

Dumb fashion question

Also for your amusement....all the fabric ever and looking like a child in her dads shirt dress:

You're welcome.

Last edited by TulipsAndSunscreen; 09-07-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

WTH is up with that dress shirt? I cannot imagine the type of body it will fit well.

I think the other two tops look cute. I usually wear a beige bra with tops like the first...or a black bra if it is black. I do wear a skinnier strap though.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I usually wear a white cami underneath, so those straps are more obvious than my nude bra straps.

I don't love the second shirt - it's not the most flattering. And that dress is ridiculous!
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

And to be clear, I ordered the correct size in the dress. It's just ridiculous.

Comment

I think a nude or black bra is fine with the first top. Agree that the second top isn't super flattering. What if you try a sloppy tuck? http://cstyleblog.com/2013/05/whats-...nd-how-to.html

Comment

I'd usually just wear a nude bra and call it good. I do have one with clear straps, though.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Black bra. Really won't show much anyway

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                      I think a nude or black bra is fine with the first top. Agree that the second top isn't super flattering. What if you try a sloppy tuck? http://cstyleblog.com/2013/05/whats-...nd-how-to.html
                      It has a slight peplum so I think that would look weird. I think it's just a no. Also, tucking probably defeats the purpose in skinny jeans for me.

Comment

Oh I didn't see the peplum, agree that would be weird. But in general, you can definitely tuck the fronts of shirts into skinnies. Just make sure it's a sloppy tuck so the back hangs down and covers your butt. That's how you avoid the shirt cutting you off at your widest point.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                          Oh I didn't see the peplum, agree that would be weird. But in general, you can definitely tuck the fronts of shirts into skinnies. Just make sure it's a sloppy tuck so the back hangs down and covers your butt. That's how you avoid the shirt cutting you off at your widest point.
                          Got it. Well some (many) of my shirts are really long enough for that. That was sort of the point was to get some longer shirts but these are obviously a fail.

Comment

I think the longer one would look better with dark leggings. I've been wearing oversized blouses with leggings a lot this year. Professional enough but so comfy!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the longer one would look better with dark leggings. I've been wearing oversized blouses with leggings a lot this year. Professional enough but so comfy!
                              I will be so sad when this is no longer on trend. Please let it last through a fourth pregnancy at least!
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X