Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Which shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which shoes?

I'm wearing a navy dress for part 1 of my interview. I have a blush/burgundy-ish blazer that I'll wear with it too. Which color shoes - black or taupe-ish? I wanted a gold color, but I couldn't get them in time.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Pics

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Taupe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I think you look really sharp. Any way you could post a picture of the whole outfit with the taupe pumps?

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
          I think you look really sharp. Any way you could post a picture of the whole outfit with the taupe pumps?
          No, it's all packed at home, and I'm at work. I don't know how much I'll wear the blazer, depending on the weather. I'll have breakfast with my old advisor, 4 interviews, lunch with students, 3 more interviews, then a couple hours off, then dinner with faculty. I was planning to keep the dress on.

For Day 2, I have a black blazer, black tweed pants, and a winter white shell. That day I have breakfast, 3 interviews, lunch by myself, giving a seminar presentation, then one more interview before I fly home.

I have a backup outfit too with a navy/blush floral blouse and navy pants that match the first blazer, but I didn't want to wear that blazer 2 days in a row.

Comment

Here's the black outfit and the backup.

Comment

And a better picture of the black outfit, without the jewelry.

I know these aren't super business-y, but I'll likely be the only one in a suit, with students in totally casual clothes, and faculty in business casual, leaning toward casual.

I was a little more dressy the last time I went, but I'm trying not to wear identical outfits.

Comment

I like the dark shoes but cannot tell from the pics if the navy blue and black shoe looks off. Even if it does a little, the rest of your outfits look to work well with the black. No sense in taking an extra pair just for the one dress IMO.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I like the dark shoes. All of your outfits look really great.

Comment

No opinion on the shoes, but you look great!
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yea I always prefer darker shoes. Looking good!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree on packing one pair of shoes versus two. Great outfits!

Comment

I checked my bag, so I packed both anyway. I don't know why I can't decide. Probably because I really wanted the gold shoes and I'm sad they didn't get here in time. I can take a better picture tonight at the hotel.

Comment

And I have a backup emergency dress in my carry on, just in case they lose my bag.

Comment

Taupe and black

Comment

Working...
                              X