Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2018 Man Presents Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Man Presents Thread

What's everyone getting the men in their lives? (spouse, dad, brothers, etc). Male members, what do you want?

I'm at a loss (as usual).
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

I’m getting DH an ecobee thermostat, a pair of Cole Haan shoes (he picked out himself), and the big gift is floor tiles for our new home gym.

Comment

DH likes "useful" gifts so I got him the Keurig Cafe thing that you can make lattes and espresso with. Our current coffee maker is several years old. I'll get him some clothes and a book too. He really doesn't care about getting gifts so he's hard to shop for.
      My family does secret Santa so I'm off the hook for gifts for my brother and Dad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Oh, for Father’s Day last year I got DH a custom tie from 21 Rhinos that has our kids’ picture on the underneath side (so people can’t actually see it unless he shows them). He loves it so much he wore it for his oral boards, and now since he passed it’s become his lucky tie. ❤️

(This isn’t DH’s tie, just a pic of what they look like.)

Comment

[MENTION=1924]OrionGrad[/MENTION] so cute!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Grace

Comment

What a cute idea, OG! I might get one of those for my husband. He's hard to shop for!
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I like the tie idea. DH usually has some $$ cycling thing on his list but he's been mum this year.

FIL is getting socks with my children's faces on them. That's what you get when you're hard to buy for and I've been at it 8 years.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

DH is getting a new pillow. So he’ll stop trying to subtly steal mine in the night. 😁 Not sure what else yet.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

He hasn't told me what to get him yet, LOL. I will probably also pick up some Thread+Spoke t-shirts, he really likes those. Does anyone have a source for good medically related t-shirts? Soft, high-quality shirts with fun or funny dawkter-relevant graphics?
                  Alison

Comment

I was going to get a water pic for my dental care obsessed hubby but he's told me not to spend any money on him with the dreaded home renovation pending.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I’m getting my guy a weekend trip to visit his BFF in Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                        He hasn't told me what to get him yet, LOL. I will probably also pick up some Thread+Spoke t-shirts, he really likes those. Does anyone have a source for good medically related t-shirts? Soft, high-quality shirts with fun or funny dawkter-relevant graphics?
                        Let me know if you find anything with medical t shirts. It doesn’t help that he’s a very hard size to fit.

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                          Let me know if you find anything with medical t shirts. It doesn’t help that he’s a very hard size to fit.

I bought a pretty nice quality shirt from Amazon last year. It says “She wants the mD” 😂😂

Comment

I think I'm going to get him either a gift card or a membership to a local gun range. He hasn't been shooting in a while, and I know he'd like to. I may try to go with him too, since I know he'd really like that.
                            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Got J's membership today! I think he'll love it. They also had some pre-filled tactical stockings, so I got him one of those too and stuck the membership card in it. And I got my dad a stocking, because it's the kind of thing he'll love too.

Comment

Working...
                              X