Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tried & true : ) or Fuhgettabout it :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In light of Stella's very comprehensive list, I feel like I have to add to my list of tried and true items. Here we go.

Breakstone fat free sour cream
    Lush American Cream conditioner
    Trader Joe's truffles
    Victoria's Secret bras
    J.Crew suits
    Apple products
    Palm Treo
    T Mobile
    Comcast digital cable and internet
    Canon PowerShot A540
    Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese
    Tanita InnerScan body composition monitor
    Victoria's Secret jeans
    FoodSaver sealer
    Werther's Original caramels
    San Pellegrino sparkling water
    Wegman's sparkling water
    Borsec sparkling water
    Netflix
    Real Simple magazine
    Breeder's Choice Avoderm cat food
    K9 Advantix
    Showdog.com
    sparkpeople.com
    AND...

IMSN.COM
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

Tried and True:

Mr. Clean Magic Spounge!!! My tub only gets clean with these, it takes the time off of scrubbing and gets soap scum that even scrubbing with a brush doesn't get!

Tule : you know the kind that goes under wedding dresses to fluff them, or to make a ballerina skirt out of, well use a peice of that to clean with, works AMAZING for getting UNDER the sink facet knobs. You just shimmy it back and for and walla it gets it all! Family trick

Kaldis Coffee : Roasted Coffee in good ol St. Louis - AWESOME coffee, DH likes it better than Peet's Coffee, we live by the bean Try it you won't be disappointed!

http://www.kaldiscoffee.com/

Bernina sewing machines - WORK HORSE WILL NOT DIE!!! Sigh I love my machine

Sierra Trading Post for anything outdoor related, and for ... SHOES

Comment

To add to the list:

Chariot jogging/walking/hiking/skiing/biking stroller. The only problem know is that Nikolai refuses to go int to it because he wants to walk everywhere.

Method laundry detergent and cleaning supplies from Target. They're 'crunchy' but they WORK.

My KitchenAid Mixer. Yes, we are reacquainted and she's out on the counter. I had a moment. Cookie baking this weekend!

My KitchenAid coffee grinder. Works wonderfully although it can get messy if you have oily beans.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine

My KitchenAid Mixer. Yes, we are reacquainted and she's out on the counter. I had a moment. Cookie baking this weekend!
          Ooh add that to my list too. I love it.

Comment

FoodSaver sealer
            really? I was intrigued by the infomercial during my pregnancy insomnia....
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh, I had to add:

Love:
              Dawn dishsoap

Hate:
              Method dishsoap

(I love Method products and I'm obsessed with their Peppermint Vanilla handsoap, but the dishsoap doesn't seem to get the same sparkle as my Dawn. Plus, Dawn gets stains out of EVERYTHING -Method didn't even come close to measuring up in this dept.)

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
                FoodSaver sealer
                really? I was intrigued by the infomercial during my pregnancy insomnia....
                Really. We've been very happy with ours and it's several years old. We buy lots of things in bulk, portion, and seal. No complaints here.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

Tried and true:
                  Le Creuset cookware - totally worth the money, especially the grill pan
                  Calvin Klein bras and underwear - the softest most comfortable stuff
                  Dior Show Mascara - doesn't run, doesn't clump, doesn't flake and makes my lashes look long, full and curly all day long
                  Seven jeans - they make me look much better (and skinnier) and I constantly get compliments on them

Comment

Since I started out w/ a Fuhgettabout it I thought I'd list a few I like

Nads waxing kits...awesome. no heating ,when finished you just rinse the cloth strips under your hot bath tap afterwards and let them dry for next time.

Curel lotions, I first learned of this when I noticed that my grandmothers aid used it always after bathing her when she was bed ridden & needed total care. In 13 years of being cared for, she never once had any skin breakdowns @ home. The Drs. & nurses were always impressed w/ the condition of her skin!!
                    I use the following formula:
                    "Curel: daily moisture threapy, Ultra healing, Heals like a
                    cream, feels like a lotion fragrance free non greasy
                    " BTW you can even use it on your face, which I do when I don't have time to moisturize w/ my facial products. It is also excellent for my DS dry patches, I use it all over him after his bath.

Along the lines of dish soap, when I hand wash my dishes, I love Ajax orange antibacterial dish /handsoap, smells great, works great and it's usually the lowest priced of the national name brands!

I really like Fructrise haircolor products.

We have safeway grocery stores here...I love thier baby wipes. I also use Target brand wipes. Targets night time bath & lotion are just as good as johnsons...I always use this for bathtime now matter the time of the bath...it's sorta my kiddos signature scent.

Pledge® Multi-Surface Clean & Dust™ Spray & Wipes love these. http://www.pledge.com/multi-surface-cleaner/

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers AWESOME http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/...ubCategory=yes

Comment

Tried and True:
                      ~MAC Makeup
                      ~Bath and Bodyworks Wallflower air fresheners.(Last forever and you can smell it everytime you walk in the house!)
                      ~Blockbuster- we get three mailed to us and we can return them at the store to get more while we're waiting for the next three!
                      ~Diet Coke
                      ~Target holiday cards. You can do it all online and pick them up at any store in an hour, or they deliver. Plus they are only about $7.00 for 20!
                      ~Dove Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
                      ~Biore all face products- inexpensive and work great!

Forgettabout it:
                      I'll get back to you on this one!!

Comment

Tried and true:
                        -Citizens of Humanity jeans - the only problem is that I have to get them hemmed
                        -Missing Link food supplements for dogs
                        -Dove soap
                        -Netflix
                        -Stuart Weitzman shoes - I have yet to find a pair that hurt my feet

Forgettabout it:
                        -Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara - Hello clumps
                        -Mystic Tan - a few days after going my mom asked if I was getting sick because I "looked a little yellowish."

Comment

Okay now I totally want the Bath and Body Works Wallflower airfresheners!!
                          Which scent do you recommend?

Comment

Curel lotions, I first learned of this when I noticed that my grandmothers aid used it always after bathing her when she was bed ridden & needed total care. In 13 years of being cred for, she never once had any skin breakdowns @ home. The Drs. & nurses were always impressed w/ the condition of her skin!!
                            I use the following formula:
                            "Curel: daily moisture threapy, Ultra healing, Heals like a
                            cream, feels like a lotion fragrance free non greasy" BTW you can even use it on your face, which I do when I don't have time to moisturize w/ my facial products. It is also excellent for my DS dry patches, I use it all over him after his bath.
                            I've even used it on my hair to de frizz and before blowing it when I didn't have anything else. Worked great!
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam

It's pricey - but really is better. I'd given up all my "products" for the last few years of training (oh - the sacrifices!), and thought I was happy w/my Dove Mousse. While visiting my friend I conducted a VERY scientific experiment: I used my crap to style my hair one day, and used her Phomollient the next. My hair was SO much better w/the Aveda stuff.

Comment

I love Aveda products as well. They last forever. I bought giant bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and figured that what I spent on those two I spend on replishing every month or so of the cheap crappy stuff. I have just now gotten through half of the Scalp Benefits that I bought 8 months ago.

I love the Light Elements as well- just now making a dent in the stuff after 6 months.

Crystal
                                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                                X