Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Should I let him do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I let him do it?

Money is tight....and we are planning our finances carefully. During the middle of one of our "how do we pay the bills" discussion, Thomas announced that we also needed to set aside $1000 for him to pay his Florida License in December I must admit that I overreacted to this announcement just a tad but stand firm in my belief that we have no money right now and that it would be ludicrous for us to spend that much money on a license that we don't need. I told him he should reapply for a Fl license if we were ever to decide to go back, but he told me that I'm basically...clueless.

Am I clueless ? Is this something that I should bend on and just forget about?

Kris

I guess that my question would be whether he wants to renew his FL license as a protection if he finds himself really unhappy with his employment in MN. Is he still considering this as an option?

Recently, I had to decide whether to renew my Ohio license, go on inactive status, or let it expire. It was a "true test" to how committed I was to staying here in that the different options varied by several hundred dollars. Being the matyr that I am , I went on inactive status and committed myself to staying here to support my hubby's career instead of demanding his resignation and returning to normal life. (Read: pipe dream.)

How does FL licensing work? Could he reapply at any time for the same amount of money? What is his real motivation for renewal? I'd be asking.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

If it's any consolation, I'm clueless about the need for the FL license right along with you! $1000?!

wendy

Comment

I'd use that $ to pay for YOUR tuition.

Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

what is he smoking crack?--I am sorry but that seems to be just ludicrous--and how is he supposed to get there--on the back of a camel--you can add $400.00 to the license fee--remember you are flying from somewhere cold to somewhere warm--also is he planning on living in a box or is he going to need a hotel, what about a rental car--

see how my mind works--explain to me again why he needs to have two licenses

Kris I am with you on this one

Comment

I let my Maryland SW license expire- I figured there were no guarantees that I would be back anytime soon, and even then, I probably wouldn't work in the same fashion, anyway.

Do you guys want to return to FL? Does FL have reciprocity with any other states? And if he does let is expire, what does he need to do to reinstate if you guys do end up back there?

Jenn

and FYI- 90% of the military docs that we know are licensed in Indiana because it's only $35 and it doesn't matter where you get licensed anyway! Only once they approach the time to get out do they even worry about where to go.

Comment

Ha! I agree, Luanne. We still haven't paid my tuition for the semester and with the additional fees it has now almost doubled

I'm still not sure of what to do about it...I think I have resigned myself to pretending that the issue just doesn't exist...there are only so many battles worth fighting...

Getting the Fl license was a time-consuming process before but we are not planning on returning to Fl. That being said, Thomas insists that you never know what the future might bring......wish he took as active of an interest in planning things here at home

Kris

Comment

Working...
              X