Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The...quilt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The...quilt.

OK...so this is what I've been doing for ages. Those of you who sew will laugh your butts off at me. I'm so mad at myself. Quilt bindings are always very difficult for me, but this time because the quilt was so heavy, even though I pinned it I kept twisting or pulling on it more or something...the binding is very..twisted and crooked AND I ended up having to cut it and add more in the middle. The pulling caused the fabric to get tighter and the binding to twist. I'm so upset...but dh tells me "come on..it's home made". I couldn't even get work in a chinese sewing factory.

Hopefully, Andrew won't notice!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Kris that looks FABULOUS, I've never even attempted a quilt so you got one up on me. He'll love it!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It looks great!! Looks better than anything I could ever crank out. Good job, and I am sure Andrew will love every inch of it, and will be so engrossed by the hard work and effort you put into making something for him that he won't even notice.

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Aww, that's cute. He'll love it.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

Kris it's perfect...and your love for your son shows through in this wonderful gift... I am sure he'll love it! Way to go super sewing mom!

Comment

Where DO you get the time, woman?

Five kiddies and you run this site, spend all night in line waiting for a Wii, then turn out a QUILT of this amazing standard in your "spare" time?! I wish I could bottle (and borrow) some of your energy.

I am so amazed by you and your talents I don't really know where to begin!

Comment

Gorgeous! I hate doing the bindings too. I always end up ripping out at least one on every quilt and changing the fabric- because that's clearly the problem. :>

The kids will LOVE it. It's such a creative idea. I don't think I've seen anything like it. Way to piece it, man!
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That's amazing Kris! I know how hard quilts can be and how much time they take. Your kids are truly lucky to have you as their mom.

I think you did an absolutely incredible job!
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

WOW

That is one awesome quilt! I can't imagine how excitied Andrew will be!
                  Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

I agree - it's amazing! You did a great job, your son is going to love it.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

That's awesome! I quilt and think it looks great. Your right bindings can tricky, and I never do them the way I'm sappose to, I say do what works He should love it, love the mushroom!

Comment

AWESOME!!!! :ra:

Can you do me one with Link??
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Kris that looks great! I have no idea what bindings are and can't figure out what's wrong with it. It really looks amazing. Don't sweat it.

Comment

OMG, I am just so surprised by the outpouring of *love* on this thread. You guys make me feel so good about myself!

Angie, I tore this binding off 3 times and because I'm in a time crunch and am feeling stressed because I want to do another before Christmas it got worse each time. The last time, Amanda came down and said "Mom, you're freaking out for nothing. He won't even notice he'll just be so happy. If you made that for me I'd be happy" . I've made 2 quilts for Amanda (1 is my favorite) and sewed new curtains for her a few weeks ago...but I don't have a xmas quilt for her.

Michele, I'm going to try a Link one for Alex and pray that I can actually turbo finish before Christmas (hahahahaha). Then...I will do one for you. Obviously not in time for xmas though

kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris, you're Wonder Woman aren't you?
                              Or do you have a time-saving charm like Hermione from Harry Potter?
                              Seriously, the quilt looks just perfect.

(And I want to know where you get all that energy from!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X