Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shopping online...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping online...

Do any of you buy things online? I'm looking through the Land's End catalog for some winter clothes and am wondering whether or not to order? Does anyone know how difficult it is to return clothing if they aren't the right size or color?

Kris

Being the "techie" I am, I shop on-line all the time. However, I don't really buy clothes on-line. For me, it's kind of hard to tell if it will look good. Land's End, eh? I studied about them in accounting class. The nice thing about shopping on-line is that you don't have to pay tax on your item(s). Before you buy anything on-line, I would read their return policy. Usually, I would think that you would have at least 14 days to return something. Good luck!

-Rachel

Comment

Kris,

I can't say enough good things about shopping online. Being a busy working mom, I order groceries for home delivery and send birthday presents to loved ones over my lunch hour instead of fiddling with the post office. This clears my schedule of a few errands and allows me more time with little guy and big guy. Plus, it is much easier to shop online then to run around after a toddler while you are trying on clothes! In addition, you can find more unique gifts as well. For example, I bought U.S.S. Midway memorabilia for my dad and hard to find collector's items for my mom. Let us know when you convert!

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

How do you get groceries home delivered ?

Comment

Kris,

Just wanted to add one more thing about online shopping vs. shopping in person. When you do returns, shopping online has its advantages but it takes time. This weekend my mp3 player broke that I bought from Circuit City. So, I had to return it. Unfortunately, they only allow 30 days to return w/the receipt and my mp3 player was bought 42 days. Usually in a case like this, I would have to go back to the manufacturer. However, being in sales I turned on my charm. The manager had the same name as my fiance "Chris" so it was kind of a plus w/me playing the innocent, sweet girl w/a sweet guy for a fiance w/his same name. The manager was really nice and told me that usually they could not return things past 30 days, but if Nike gives him hell about it he'll just take the blame. Then, I learned my lesson and bought one of those warranty plans. If it breaks again, I'll get a replacement w/no hassle from Circuit City good for 4 years. When I told my fiance, he was like oh gosh "Girls can get away w/anything!" I use the same innocent, sweet girl technique to get out of speeding tickets! So, you see shopping in person has its advantages when it comes to returns! Just thought I'd share this funny little story w/you!

Good luck!

-Rachel

Comment

I can proudly say that for the last two holiday seasons- I have not set one foot in one mall. I did everything online or at the PX. I order clothes from catalogs and gifts online and most have excellent return policies- including free shipping. Go for it. I will never set foot in a mall again, if I can help it. I think I did myself in as a teenager.

Jenn

Comment

Well, I didn't end up getting anything from Land's End. They have some nice things, but Thomas gave me a budget to work with...and they didn't come close! We ended up going to the mall and I got a really beautiful sweater...so I'm satisfied with that....

I buy most of my books online...and I sent my dad a X-mas present last year through bed bath and beyond online...but I haven't been brave enough to try clothes or purchase many things online....I'm rethinking that though, because...it is fun, and a lot easier than running to the mall with three kids. I can never try anything on or look for too long...and Thomas isn't with them enough to be able to keep them occupied long enough. There is also something kind of exciting about ordering something and having it arrive at your door...like Christmas

Any suggestions on good online shops?

Kris

Comment

Working...
              X