Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

online grocery shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online grocery shopping

Am I SOL for finding online grocery shopping here in the South?

Sometimes I would love to be able to shop online. How do I find it?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I think Harris Teeter has online shopping in some locations. My friend in Charlotte uses it through HT.
    Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

We don't have it here either.

Comment

Originally posted by Beccaroo
        I think Harris Teeter has online shopping in some locations. My friend in Charlotte uses it through HT.
        Thanks. They don't have any locations here. I have looked at all of the stores around here, and none of them have it that I know of. It irks me.

Comment

you can do some bulk online grocery shopping through amazon.com .

Comment

As Tara said, it may not be worth it if you're only getting a few things. If you're stocking up and shopping with a list, then you might be able to save. Make sure you give the driver any coupons you may have because they usually apply them to your next order. If you're the type of person who goes to the store to buy a couple of things and ends up filling a shopping cart, then online grocery shopping can save you money.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Here the first time @ safeway or albertsons the delivery is on them...also when I did Albertsons, they stressed that they have a Strict NO TIP POLICY, even the driver said "no we do not accept tips" when I went to offer him one

Comment

the delivery is on them...also when I did Albertsons, they stressed that they have a Strict NO TIP POLICY, even the driver said "no we do not accept tips" when I went to offer him one
                Same with Peapod in Boston. It did cost marginally more per item, but it was totally worth it. It was a life saver when trapped at home with sick kids. We were a one car family in Boston, and there was no way I was carting a stroller and a grocery cart full of stuff down 10 blocks with a sick child in tow. Well worth the extra money per item.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We can get Simon Delivers from Minneapolis like twice a week or one of our local Hy-Vee's will shop for you and you can just drive up and they'll put it in your car. I've only used the Hy-Vee once but a girlfriend of mine swears by Simon Delivers.

Either of those near you, Heidi?
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ugh, I have none of these by me!

I have Kroger, Bi-Lo, Piggly Wiggly, Food Lion, and Publix.

Comment

Publix has it [online shopping/delivery] but only in some areas...Gainesville FL wasn't one but my parents in Boynton Beach (Palm Beach County) had it.

I just checked their website and couldn't find any info on it...maybe they stopped doing it??
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh my goodness! One of the things I so totally miss about Boston was PeaPod!!! There's nothing like doing your grocery shopping at 11pm in your jammies with your husband snoring next to you!
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Yeah, I looked all over, too, Heidi. They must think that Southern women really love the grocery store. Boo.

Comment

Working...
                          X