Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I hate being sick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate being sick.

I feel like I've been sick ALL month.

This week, it's bronchitis and a cold (unless the exaggerated cold is just part of bronchitis? I don't know.) Anyway, I'm on antibiotics, Sudafed PE, Robitussin DM, and taking lots of vitamins.

I hate being sick. I AM EXHAUSTED. I can't function at work. Too much. :z

Colds suck! Take care of yourself and get some rest.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

Hope you feel better soon.
      Have you ever tried that Airborne stuff? My SIL swears by it. Of course she also has her cats on antidepressants and acupuncture therapy, but that's beside the point...

Jodi

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
        Have you ever tried that Airborne stuff? My SIL swears by it. Of course she also has her cats on antidepressants and acupuncture therapy, but that's beside the point...

Jodi

You crack me up! And, no, I haven't tried it as I thought it was only preventative. I've been taking my Centrum though.

Comment

That stinks. I hate being sick.
          Try to sleep as much as you can - that always helps me. And drink lots of hot liquids like soup or tea.
          Hope you feel better!!!!!!!!

Comment

feel better.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm right there with you. I'm sure I might get better if I could get more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. I am hoping for an extended convalesence at my in-laws, starting Sunday.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Why are you even at work? I think antibiotics call for crawling back into bed and watching daytime TV. Feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                  Why are you even at work? I think antibiotics call for crawling back into bed and watching daytime TV. Feel better.
                  True! Nothing like some soaps to help clear a cold!
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I hope you feel better soon, being sick stinks a LOT!!! But just think only 5 more sleeps until Santa comes, maybe he will bring you perfect health

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                      Unfortunately, I have the kind of job where it is very highly looked down upon to be sick and go home. They are real go-getters here. So, I'm in and out of interviews with people whose hands I can't even shake. And I have lunch appointments all week and goals to make. I'm taking tomorrow off to go skiing, but I don't think I'll be able to hit the slopes like this or I might get pnemonia.

Stella = grumpy. Even though she slept for 11 hours last night...

Comment

That sucks. I've had a nasty cold too, and still have a bronchitic cough for which I'm taking all the same drugs you mentioned, minus the AB's. Luckily it's very hot here, so I don't have the worry of dealing with the cold like you do. But I think the worst part of this cold though was having to deal with a toddler at the same time. I've not caught any colds since she was born, and it adds a new dimension to the experience when you can't just lie down and wallow in your disease because someone's screaming at you...

During that brush with death my brother sent me this really interesting study about colds and positive/negative attitudes. http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20061216/fob2.asp
                        Mind you, it can be a bit depressing to read while you're feeling like crap!

Comment

Thanks for that! It was an interesting read.

So, I'm still sick. But it's moved from my chest, I think, finally. I woke up feeling great and then five minutes later, I haven't stopped sneezing and blowing my nose. I figure, if it's moving north, there is nowhere else for it go but OUT!

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone!

Comment

I hate colds, hope you feel better soon, I'm here in my hospital bed watching Santa claus the movie, I love that film!

Comment

Big safe-over-the-internet hug to you and your germies as we bid them farewell.

Jodi

Comment

Working...
                              X