Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Whadya get? :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whadya get? :-)

My parents gave me a Le Creuset dutch oven and dh got a fancy pants camera backpack from them. 8) My brother gave dh and me a Germany Culinaria cookbook.
    married to an anesthesia attending

My dad sent me a REI gift card, got a really cute pink sweater from ILs, chili kit from sister, and a "Bad Dogs" calendar from DH. Will get my mom's gift when I go to San Antonio next week. Overall, good loot!!

Comment

I got myself some cd's (still in transit) some awesome sneakers from camper and an art book. I was also blessed with a dh with the stomach flu. Happy Christmas to me!!
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Alison -- I am so jealous! <---- green with envy

Comment

Clever, clever, Nellie. Well, I'm sure your new little one is better than any dutch oven! Also green with envy! Hope you're doing well!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Let's see... I got a Cuisinart coffee maker from my mom, $200 from my dad, diamond earrings from a brother, and a bunch of misc. stuff from SO. Overall, not too shabby. Now I'm trying to decide how to spend the $200... iPod Nano or new ski jacket... Hmm....

Comment

My family and the in-laws and my husband were all very generous but my favorite gift was some new running shoes so I can take up jogging! I felt so great when I was cycling regularly, but I can't take the boy biking (yet) so it's running with the jogging stroller for us.

DS got a bunch of fancy one-size pocket diapers, which I'm also excited about.
              Alison

Comment

dh and i dont exchange, but from family we were very blessed with generosity. my family knows we're dying for a new bed. so, from my nana, we got a $100 gift card to JC penny for sheets. my dad, aunt, stepmom, and a family friend sent cash. after the kids get their split to savings, the rest will go towards "the bed fund." my mother made us a quilt for the new bed to be and one each for the kids.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Other than the house...

My parents sent us gift cards to Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. They also sent a bunch of stocking stuffers. the "Hospitality" book by Amy Sedaris from my brother and SIL. (looks hilarious BTW)

Nikolai got a new tricycle, a new rug for his room (has train tracks and streets on it) and several train engines and cars.

Low key and relaxed.

Jenn

Comment

DH spoiled me this year. He got me a digital camera, Fujifilm A700, 7.3 MPG. A beautiful watch and matching bracelet! We got a hamper full of food goodies from Ireland, along with money and a few CD's. I got DH some tools (he didn't have any) ,clothes, a game that he loved, but it won't work on our labtop so we'll have to buy a PC I hear that MIL got us something for the apartment, dunno what yet but I'll find out this weekend.
                    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

From my ILs- Christmas decorations, and gift cards to Pottery Barn

From dh- a solitaire diamond pendant (that we are returning b/c we were looking at it, dh swears that the stone isn't the one he picked out as it has a huge occlusion in it- he thinks the associate at Fred Meyer did a bate and switch.); Sony Digicam; calendar set; new measuring cups, and a comfy fuzzy robe. Dh said he used his bonus to buy the other big items.

My couches will come tomorrow.

Crystal
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Of interest:
                        A "Muggle" t-shirt (Yes, I actually asked for this )
                        A pair of new Sauconys
                        A street map and visitor's guide to Cincinatti

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I got a leather jacket from DH, we got a new Calphalon skillet and matching cooking utensils from the IL's, DH LOVED his bag, we also got some other clothes, random movies (Cars, Over the Hedge, etc), and gift cards. DH also got a new saw from my parents, my dad loves buying his SILs tools. I got a weather station from my parents too, I know, I'm such a dork!

DH also bought me the game GO. Is anyone familiar with this? The issue we have is that I love Monopoly and he hates it, I hate Scrabble and he loves it - so this is supposed to be a strategy game we can play together I guess we'll see.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

SO got me newbridge silver earrings and matching necklace with onyx stones in them, LUSH stuff, DVD and I know there is something I'm forgetting, FMIL got me a waterford glass frame, my aunt gave me 200 euro gift voucher for maternity clothes, and 100 euro towards brown thomas, kina of a posh dept store, 40 euro voucher from my uncle and we did a family Kris Kindle, my brother got me and got me 3 comedy DVD's that i wanted, everyone was over generous this year!

Comment

A sonicare toothbrush and a minivan.

Comment

Working...
                              X