Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pounding headache again...the cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pounding headache again...the cause?

I don't know what the cause is, but I would bet that it has something to do with my in laws being here. I must clench my teeth at night or something while they are here and just before they get here. I woke up this morning with my head just screaming. I have taken some Excedrin, and it has definitely taken the edge off. I don't normally get this many bad headaches, even when they are here, but nevertheless, I am blaming it on them. 4 more days....sigh

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

so sorry heidi!

feel better, and good luck with the inlaws
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Tylenol Migraine is manna from Heaven. Even my husband the neurologist recommends that some people try it either first or in combination with other prescription meds.

Jenn

Comment

Head On actually works for my migraines if I catch them in time.
        Feel better soon!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Yep, I feel ya. I have a Tramadol prescription. Feel better.

Comment

head on, apply directly to forehead. head on, apply directly to forehead.

i hate that commercial. but it really works, eh? i get wicked migrains that lead to puking, i should pick some up.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

It's the most irritating commercial, but it helps IF you feel a headache coming on. There's a point of no return for me, and Head On doesn't always work...
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Excedrin actually usually works really well for me, and I am feeling better now. Thanks everyone.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I hope that you feel better soon (and that the inlaws behave themselves).

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                    Now might be a good time to start drinking.
                    That or contacting some of your "anesthesia" friends. J/K

Crystal
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I've never seen the Head On commercial - except on The Colbert Report. :> It's hard to take it seriously when you keep picturing Stephan saying "Apply *directly* to the forehead!" If that works, does it mean that everything else he says is true as well? Have the terrorists won? :>
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by cricketnmatt

Crystal
                        Crystal, any specific recommendations? DH brought some crap home that didn't do anything, aside from making me dizzy.

Comment

I'm glad you're feeling better, Heidi. Excedrin always does the trick for me too.
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                            Originally posted by cricketnmatt

Crystal
                            Crystal, any specific recommendations? DH brought some crap home that didn't do anything, aside from making me dizzy.
                            I know that when I am in bad pain and need something OTC- dh recommends 2 ExtraStrength Acetamenophen followed by 800 mg of Ibuprofen (I hope I got it right). Anyway the theory is that the 2 together give you the relief of a narcotic w/o the narcotic side effects.

Post-surgery I have had Darvocet, Oxycoton, Oxycodon (if memory serves me right these are tylenol with codeine derivatives). I think anything other than this, the REALLY good stuff, illegal outside of the OR- fentanyl, versed, etc.

Crystal
                            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

what's in excedrin? is it worth me getting SO to get me some on his trip over back home? I haven't had a migrane since becoming pregnant but I always get them pre menstral and they are horrendous, can't tolerate light, vomiting, numbness down my face and arm and the feeling like someone is pushing my eyeball out from behind. But 1 zomig fast tab and its totally gone in 20 mins, downside....its not cheap! so always interested in alteratives.

Heidi glad to hear you are feeling better, I don't even need to be asleep to start clenching my teeth these days when SO even mentions future MIL!

Comment

Working...
                              X