Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's snowing!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's snowing!!!!

Holy crap! It hasn't even snowed here yet! That's crazy. Have a blast!

Tara, I just LOVE the mountains there in Tucson! (The views from Oro Valley) I bet it is gorgeous! Stay warm.

Comment

how fun, tara! i hope the kids and pup have a good time! maybe the snow will kill off all the spiders, snakes and scorpions???
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
        The world has gone raving mad. You're getting snow in the desert before we've gotten any in upstate NY. Crazy.
        On the news night before last they talked about snow in Israel, and how buslines were shut down because the city didn't have the equipment to plow the roads.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/806576.html
        http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 2FShowFull

Crystal
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

No snow here either. It's very strange. Maybe we should send Tara our pile of winter coats. :>
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

NO NO NO that's not fair ....you know how I long for the visual seasonal changes here in the valley...the babes and I are on our way break out the the hot chocolate :! !!!

Comment

No snow here - we got so much rain last night that I'm sure we'd have a foot if it had been 10 degrees colder but instead we now have a muddy mess for a backyard, the dog hates it.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have to take my no snow comment back - we now have about 1/4 inch on the ground and it looks like we may get a little more tonight, though not much. Glad we decided to stay in. 8)

Comment

Eastern CO and Western KS have drifts up to 10' tall - they've sent out several units of the National Guard to look for stranded motorists now that it has stopped snowing. There is NOTHING to stop drifting in that part of the country, its VERY VERY flat.

Comment

My cousin and his family are trying to get back to Denver from the St. Louis area. They were supposed to fly into St. Louis but the first blizard changed that. They waited in lines at the airport for 4 hours (with a 2 and 4 yo)and then missed their flight by 15 minutes. Since all of their Christmas gifts, including presents from Santa, had already been shipped to Illinois they decided to drive instead. They got there on Christmas eve. Now they are trying to get back through Kansas and eastern Colorado to get home.

Last year while they were gone over the holidays their house was burglarized. I think they are going to stay home next year!

Comment

Oh no, Nellie! What a nightmare!!! I hope they make it back safely!
                      From the shots of Denver in the news though, it looks so beautiful. With big fluffy blankets of snow.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

No snow here but i bet it'd be warmer if it did snow, there are big gales blowing, the kind you would go out it and the rain is hitting you face so hard it hurts, and you think you are going to die from hypothermia!

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                          From the shots of Denver in the news though, it looks so beautiful. With big fluffy blankets of snow.
                          It does sound beautiful. I've been getting some great photos in my email. Well, those were from the first storm. I think everyone is over it with the second. :> I love being snowed in -- as long as I have heat and food.

Comment

We finally got some measurable snow. We spent the day sledding and snowboarding. Perfect snow playing weather: 30-ish and light and powdery, what I imagine Colorado snow must be like. None of that below zero crap. We had an awesome time.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                            X