Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Have you ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever....

re-read your very first post?!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Yes.

Comment

Nope-

that was about 10 servers ago and a whole bunch of old old stuff never made the switch. I'm sure I don't want to relive intern year anyway.

Jenn

Comment

My first I'm okay with, but there are a bunch of others that make me think I shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

oh sure. it's sad how my desperation level is only a few ticks up from where it was then.

But - it's 2007 - my year of positivity! Yippie yahoo!

Comment

My first post came within the first 6 months of internship year. That was a pretty low time and everything was new for us. I'm hopeful that there's NOTHING like intern year. For those of you who've made it, please tell me there's nothing like it. Please?

Comment

Originally posted by alison
              My first post came within the first 6 months of internship year. That was a pretty low time and everything was new for us. I'm hopeful that there's NOTHING like intern year. For those of you who've made it, please tell me there's nothing like it. Please?
              From an anesthesiology residency POV, there is nothing like the attending years. There will always be the unpredictability of the schedule, but such is life in anesthesia, BUT I actually get to see my dh- there are weekends that he does home call, and he has weekdays off or will come home at Noon.

Believe me when I say the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train.

Crystal
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I didn't hear you say "home call," did I? Oh boy. I don't deal well with unpredictability. I like to be in control.
                Crystal: I don't know if you read some of my previous posts. Dh says we will return to my hometown (Seattle) after we're done in Chicago. No ifs ands or buts. I'm curious what we're up against....

Comment

oh sure. it's sad how my desperation level is only a few ticks up from where it was then.
                  Jenn, I know exactly how you feel. Up until this year I thought 3rd year of med school was my lowest point.

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                    Nope-

that was about 10 servers ago and a whole bunch of old old stuff never made the switch. I'm sure I don't want to relive intern year anyway.

Jenn
                    Ditto here.

I think my first post was made shortly after Kris started the old message board loooooong ago in the Dark Ages - and it was under my old online name to boot!

I think that was during second year of dh's medical school?
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I've tried to block out that time frame of my life, both cyber and IRL. I wasn't a real happy camper back in good ol' General Surgery intern year with a newborn in a new city. I can only imagine what a *treat* I was.

Thanks for giving me a second, third, fourth, gazillionth chance.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                      X