Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Too fun not to mention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too fun not to mention

Over the holidays DH and I did some last minute shopping in NYC (2 days before Christmas shopping in Macys!!!! ). To make a long and dreadful story short, we were tired by the end of the evening and decided to hop on the A train heading home.

When the train pulled in I saw two empty seats next to a guy so I hustled iover to the seats so DH and I could sit together and in order to make some more room I bumped the guy next to me so he knew to slide over a bit.

While on the ride I overheard the woman next to him talking about something dealing with medicine and turned to look at her and turned back to DH in shock and said do you know who that is....and he said yeah...That's Sarah Jessica Parker. Then it hit us. The guy I bumped to make room was indeed Matthew Broderick They were on the train with their daughter just like any old New Yorkers and what is so classic NY is that no one (not even DH and I) said a word to them. I have to admit that she looked a little....er uh... a lot older in person and he looked totally worn out...just like he did at the end of the movie Election.
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

so cool! i love celebrity sightings!

Comment

Wow, that's an A-list sighting! And on the train, no less! That is fun.

I never saw anyone on a train, but I saw Donald Sutherland in the station. My friend saw John Turturro on a train in Brooklyn.

It's funny that you almost didn't recognize them--I know of another person who found herself and her husband crammed elbow-to-elbow with Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgewick in one of those small restaurants with a long bench along the wall with a row of two-person tables lined up along it. She could tell that her husband had no clue, and she desperately wanted to tell him but they were so close there was no way for her to do it without them hearing. I would want to burst.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Matthew Broderick must have a monthly pass or something! My mom's friend in NYC has seen him before too! But never the whole family!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

That's really cool. I've seen a bunch of celebrities over the years but none on a subway. I should start taking the A train.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

great story I just finished watching "the producers" with Matthew Broderick.

Comment

super cool. I've heard they just go about their "lives" w/o too much in the way of airs. SJP would be the 1st one to admit she looks older in person.

you bumped Ferris in the ass!

Comment

Thats so cool!!

Comment

So Cool!

When Andrew was a baby and we were returning to Germany, I got caught in the US customs line. Thomas zipped through as a citizen and bumped into Tina Turner while waiting for his luggage.

I could see him standing there chatting away with her while I waited my turn and it was just killing me! By the time I got out there, Tina had gone her own way.

I was so jealous!

kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

So funny!
                      Hey, isn't Tina Turner married to a German guy? Thomas = the German guy?
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                      X