Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Grammar Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammar Quiz

Considering the # of grammar police we have here (poor Entropy!), I thought this quiz would be appropriate.

I scored 90% (and would love to know what I missed!).
    • "Now go forth and spread the good word, (or at least the proper use of apostrophes)."

http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_gooder_at_grammar

Um... I got 100%.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Woohoo 100%!! :ra:
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

100% for me. I am glad kids haven't melted my brain.

Comment

100%
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

woooo hoooooo 100%

Comment

100% - woo hoo - I always mess up its and it's.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

100% here, too.

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

damn' ... I suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                    Julie is somewhere right now. I always worry about Julie reading my post. I know my crazy commas and spelling crimes make her cringe.
                    Nooo, I apply different standards to the Internet than to writing-for-publication, for both myself and other people. I also rarely notice grammar errors when people are speaking. Being "in editing mode" is work and also slows down both reading and writing. For discussions like the ones here I think it's often better communication to just get your thoughts out there than to make every comma perfect.

(At the same time, I'm sure we've all been to boards where the writing is so mangled you can't even decipher what people are trying to say--that's not good communication, either, and I usually can't stick around those for very long.)
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

100% for me too

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

100. (And I damn well better, I was an English major and an editor!! )

Comment

100% Yeah!
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

damn I scored a 98%....I wonder which one I got wrong...oh well.
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

95% -- What did I miss!!!?????

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                              X