Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Water: bottled, filtered or tap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water: bottled, filtered or tap?

Which do you drink? I don't drink all that much water, but when I do I'd say I drink 70% bottled and 30% tap. I just don't like the way tap water tastes--even in restaurants, I think the tap water on the table tastes yucky--but I've never tried a filter. Do you have a good filter? What contaminants does it filter out?

Our refrigerator has a nice filter system. We have to change it every 4-6 months and they are kind of pricey but about the same as we would spend on Brita filters over that time.

Comment

Filtered at home. We use Brita. The filter gets replaced every 3 months.
      Bottled everywhere else.

Comment

I only drink Perrier. It's one of those things that I picked up while living in Germany. Out of necessity, since it's hard to get water from the tap there at restaurants.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We've got a water softener AND a filter system on our fridge. The upside of the water softener is that we don't have to change the fridge filter as frequently.

We had a brita filter on the faucet in our old house - and that worked just fine.

Comment

Tap. I think bottled water is a racket.

I'll buy bottled if I need water that's portable and sealed up and sterile, like to take on a hike or offer to the moving guys, but I don't drink it at home or in restaurants.
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Filtered or tap. tap in my parents house because its nice water there ad filtered if I'm in the city at work, bottled if i''m out at a restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                Tap. I think bottled water is a racket.

I'll buy bottled if I need water that's portable and sealed up and sterile, like to take on a hike or offer to the moving guys, but I don't drink it at home or in restaurants.
                I agree with this.

However, I do drink bottled water occasionally for the convenience and portability (like to take to the gym). I buy a big box of them at Sam's Club, and it lasts me a long time. I reuse the bottles frequently, and I put tap water in them.

I will say though that some areas have really bad tap water that tastes awful, but so far all of the places I have lived have pretty good tap water, and I often think it tastes better than bottled water. I think softened water tastes nasty!
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Good 'ol Tap, we have a natural spring that we get our water from....I drink bottled when I am not home though!

Comment

We actually have pretty good tap water here, but have been using a Brita since we lived in DC and have gotten used to it now. So at home we drink our Brita-filtered water, when we're out I drink tap.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Filtered water. Since I left Washington State as a teen all the tap water I have had has been nasty. I by bottled sometimes for convenice (while at work) then refil them with filtered from home. We use a brita and it tastes good. Our tap water here often smells like wet dog and has a yellow tinge to it. yuck! The brita gets rid of both.
                      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Tap- I agree with the whole racket thing. I refill the water bottles when I use them too. I had someone tell me that it is really bad to refill them- something about chemicals leaching from the plastic? I dont see what the difference is on that one.
                        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Bottled, filtered, or bottled sparkling. I don't do tap. I have Pur filter that I just attached to my sink faucet and it works great. I'm a little picky about which bottled water I like, too. I like Fiji, Evian, Aquafina, but definitely not Dasani. Blech. I drink a lot of San Pellegrino.

Comment

Whatever is handy.

I drink tap at work (unless it's brown. which has happened)

We need to replace the filter on the refrigerator because the water and ice taste much worse than the tap water. We have a Brita pitcher from when we were in DC (although 90% of the time we drank tap) so we use that a lot. Our coffee maker has a filter but if Dr. Coffee is making it he uses the filtered water so that the coffee is double filtered.

I have had nasty tasting tap and my parent's well-water is just gross. (after it goes through the softeners.)

Jenn

Comment

Tap, we have a Brita filter as well (which reminds me it needs to be changed). I also only buy bottled water for the portability, travel in the car, things like that.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X