Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I need a good book to read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just finished under the banner of heaven. interesting read, and gives me something to discuss with my lds friend.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. That should keep me busy for a while!

Comment

I second (or third maybe?) Kite Runner.

Comment

I've read Kite Runner. I just picked up Something Borrowed and have to buy the Sedaris books with my B&N gift cards! Thanks ladies!

Comment

Just a suggestion, but I'd recommned Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. There are 6, I think, and they're pretty good. I keep finding them in the romance section of most books stores, but they're not really "romance" type books.

They're hard to peg into a single genre, but are very humorous and well written. I find myself laughing out loud all the time while reading them.

Comment

The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult or My Sister's Keeper also by Jodi Picoult

These books are rivetting, I couldnt put them down!

Comment

I second diggitydot's suggestion. OUTLANDER. Wonderful.

I also read Kite Runner with a book group and enjoyed it as well.

Jodi

Comment

You all have convinced me to try Kite Runner. It awaits me on my bedside table....

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Gosh, I hate to be all cantankerous in the middle of this polite conversation, but I just can't get on the Dave Sedaris band wagon. He's too disjointed for me. I also am the only person I know that didn't enjoy the Devil Wears Prada (and I usually dig chic lit).

Still, I've printed out this list and I'm heading to half priced books this weekend. I'm on my winter-reading binge. (It replaces my summer running binge).

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I am currently reading My Sister's Keeper and it's hard to put down.
                      Somebody should have warned me that this is not subway reading material. I bawl my eyes out every day (there and back) and I'm only half way through.

I also am the only person I know that didn't enjoy the Devil Wears Prada (and I usually dig chic lit).
                      Kelly, I wasn't too crazy about the book either. I'm just not a fan of self-loathing and self-pity books.

Comment

Don't read Pursuit to Happyness. I know everyone says the movie is great and 90% of the time the book is better but this book was so disjointed I could not enjoy it.

I'll go see the movie now. 8)
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I read The Poisionwood Bible a few months ago and loved it. The only downside is that it's a BIG book to lug around on the Metro.

Comment

I just finished Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Loved them!

Comment

I know I'm posting way late, but I'm a little surprised that noone has mentioned the Ladies Dective Agency series, or for that, anything by Alexander McCall Smith. Maybe it's just us and the circle we move in, which is admittedly a little different, but we loved these. Just thought I'd put in my little plug!

Comment

Dave- I have really enjoyed those as well. Very well written and quite funny.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                                X