Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Disturbing News....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing News....

Well, I have waited a bit to say anything, but I just feel so freaked out today... There was a problem at the hospital where Thomas works here in Central MN.....two people (one elderly man and one 23 year old) died of hemorragic diseases following knee surgery...It was considered extremely unusual....but not something that could be linked to...well...foul play...then a man in nearby Alexandria died of the same illness....and though the newspapers actually downplayed it, Thomas announced that the CDC was coming and that he would be having to spend some additional time at work to be involved in an investigation....I have kind of put it to the back of my mind...and then today I went to my first playgroup (Yeah!). One of the girls that I met lives at the end of my street and her husband is in the FBI....and he is also involved in the investigation but wasn't even allowed to tell his wife until last night after a public release was made...and apparently, the incidence of this illness is not isolated to this area...there are sporadic cases throughout the country. Her husband wouldn't tell her where the cases were until it is made public

I don't know if there is just an overreaction and nothing will come of this, or if there is reason to be alarmed, but all orthopedic surgeries have been cancelled here and people are calling in to cancel their elective surgeries

Kris

kris - that is rather troubling news. i can understand why you had to get that off your chest! have they heard anything else?

Comment

Wow... that freaks me out too. My Father-in-law just had knee surgery and has to have another in 6 weeks. Keep us posted of anything you hear.

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

kris,

We heard about this on the news, but we had no idea. And now, that elderly woman living on a farm by herself has contracted Anthrax....

This is the worst part of the terrorist's acts--the not knowing and wondering. Please keep us posted and hopefully, this will be ruled a freak accident.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Well, I hope that that is the likely veridict as well.....It seems that there are something like 15 other cases throughout the US...but ortho surgeries are resuming here next week....I don't think that they are thinking terrorism but perhaps tamporing by someone?

I'll let you know.

Kris

Comment

Working...
          X