Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How much is too much for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it El Bulli?

Comment

Miss November said when referring to a place in Venice
      It was on the water
      ...gee what are the odds of a place in venice being "on the water" :> sorry to be a smartass...but I couldn't resist :!

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah... it was on the Grand Canal and we ate outside, right next to the water. Not all the meals we ate in Venice had views of the water, for the record.

Comment

We had some incredible meals in Florence. Of all of the places I've been, I think Florence had the most consistently unbelievable meals. I saved all of my receipts, too. Oh, I had fantastic Indonesian food in Dublin. (Jane- I'm sure you know the place- it's near the Lush.)

Chicago has some awesome places, and of course NYC. Even little ol' San Antonio has a couple nationally recognized places. (Le Reve- Holy Moly, is that place amazing)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            We had some incredible meals in Florence. Of all of the places I've been, I think Florence had the most consistently unbelievable meals.
            Did you happen to go to Aqua al Due?!?!?!?!

It was THE BEST steak I have ever had in my whole life!!!! The owner was so nice and came and talked to us for a while. Apparently, he has another restaurant in San Diego as well. It was AWESOME - thank you for reminding me!

Comment

I get upset at the idea of spending big bucks on a meal. It just seems so temporary.

Comment

I'm with you Jenn P!

We've gone out many times here in Cleveland with some foodie friends. I don't mind spending up to $100 per person, but over that it starts getting silly. For me.

We went out to one restaurant and managed to run the bill up to $400 for four - including drinks. That when I found my comfort zone. I didn't enjoy that meal after we got the bill. :> I'd rather go out to a nice place every other month and lots of ordinary "joints" every month than blow my dining budget on a few meals a year.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It's not something I could do all the time but I like to splurge every once in a while. If we did dine out like that frequently, I think it would lose some of the charm. Or at least I would lose some of my waistline. That said, I keep a running list of places that I want to try and really look forward to it. There is a nice interest in food here but slightly less expensive than other cities (IMO).

I think it is a challenge to find really good food at less expensive places -- food that is worth the money and the calories.

Comment

Actually some of the best meals we've had weren't in Europe or even NY, there were in Napa and Buenos Aires. The food in both places was just amazing, we're both still dreaming of our dinners there.

Comment

I am not very adventurous when it comes to food. I am a small town girl, raised on chicken and mashed potatoes...now my DF will eat anything...anything. So, occasionally we will go to some fancy little restaurant and he will order the most "interesting" thing on the menu and i will order the most "normal" thing...but I am sure the most we have ever spent is like 200 or so. for two.

:yum: This icon DOES it for me...hot dog and fries...OK (thats what it is right?)

Comment

Working...
                      X