Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies

What is your favorite hobby? Right now I enjoy running, but am trying to find another hobby that suits me. I tried getting into knitting and scrapbooking, but it was never very exciting for me?

My hobbies at this point are my kids and being overwhelmed with my disorganized house. I would like to do more scrapbooking, socializing, running, and maybe take up knitting. I also like to cook/bake, but I am not very good. Just ask my husband.
    Needs

Comment

Hiking. I only recently rediscovered this. I go every day with my dog - and I've joined a local hiking club. It combines my endless quest for exercise with something I actually enjoy -- and a daily chore. It's perfect.

I also read. I don't know if that counts as a hobby. I'm trying to form a mystery book club with some locals now. With DH studying again for his final set of boards, I'm getting lots more reading done.

Sewing...used to be fun, but now more of a chore. I do a lot for the house - and costumes for events. It's always desperately needed, so it doesn't seem fun anymore.

I actually have many hobbies. I suppose that's one benefit of being a rich dawkter's wife that doesn't have to work. So many things I do are done often enough to signal devotion, but not often enough to qualify as work. Even the PTO could be considered a hobby. And my after school science teaching. *sigh* It's certainly not income producing.

I'm the hobby queen. :>
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Hobbies are great. They keep me sane.

I have started working out again regularly (Thank you, Five Factor Fitness!!). I also love to cook, read, scrapbook, paint, shop , write snail mail greetings, and "make" stuff. I built the upholstered storage ottoman at the end of my bed and refinished a dresser for my boyfriend. We love doing that kind of stuff together. We're pretty handy. I also enjoy photography, digital art, and the dog park.

Comment

Reading, walking the dog when its not freezing, and I've tried to pick up knitting though I'm not getting very far. I also like to sew, I make scrub hats for DH and do other small projects. This site could probably also be considered a hobby, a very time consuming one.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I think I would enjoy the hiking....unfortunately I don't know how many places there would be to go hiking in my part of Nebraska. I think I may take up cooking/baking. I have always enjoyed it, but never been too great at it. That will be my goal!

Comment

Do cycling and running count as hobbies? I don't have much else in my freetime. Besides reading, a bit.

Comment

I have found that photography has been a great hobby for me. I took a photography class a bit ago and I love getting out and taking scenery pics or abstract pics. I rotate the photos around our house everytime I take some I love. Having personal photos around the house makes it feel more homey. Also, it forces you to get outside every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by kaseymarie
                  I think I may take up cooking/baking. I have always enjoyed it, but never been too great at it. That will be my goal!
                  oooh...I learning to cook well...an undertaking I think my fiance would like if I did...lol(I am not familiar with these things so would he be...DF?)

Comment

for me it's sewing mostly (skirts, bags, house stuff), walking, and watching tv. I'm fixing to swap out some of the tv time for reading. In college I majored in english lit and got completely burt out on reading novels. I think I'm ready again though.
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

running, reading, beading (although I had to give this up because of budget and time constraints).

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

As I've mentioned in another thread, I really hope that eating and shopping can be considered hobbies. I also like reading and cooking and traveling but don't engage in these as much as the first 2.

Comment

I coach rowing, cook and bake and play some video games. I go to the gym, but I don't really enjoy it enough to consider it a hobby.
                          - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Eric, you have a new hobby: Wedding Planning.

Comment

My hobby and my passion is scrapbooking and paper crafts. I have my own studio and have been published and am on several design teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X